Help restarting phone

This is a discussion on Help restarting phone within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all, New to nexus s and android. Phone's been great until today. I plugged into charge and instead of the regular screen, I get ...

Thread: Help restarting phone

Help restarting phone

Hi all,

New to nexus s and android. Phone's been great until today. I plugged into charge and instead of the regular screen, I get this white battery charging animation. I've never seen this and I've charged it many times. I'm guessing it ran out of charge before I could put it on the charger.

I held the power button on for a few seconds and this screen came up with a picture of the little android figure and about 20 different options, none of which I'm sure about so I just turned it back off. It said things like "bootloader" , recovery, locked status: locked, all kinds of things. Not sure what to do to get the phone turned back on. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

dH

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dH,

OK, nothing to worry about. Everything you mentioned here is perfectly normal

The white battery image should only be appearing when your phone is already turned off. It is perfectly normal, and just a nice way for the phone to let you know it's charging. These Samsung Galaxy S series phones don't have a led notification light, so basically, this was their solution to the lack of that light...

...and that "Bootloader" menu you are talking about only appears when the volume button is held down at the same time as the power button. The menu is only for advanced tasks and you'll probably never have to use it. It happens to us all every now and then, since the volume buttons are conveniently placed opposite of the power button.
    To exit the menu, just use the volume buttons to navigate through the options and choose "reboot".

Good Luck! and definitely let us know if that works ok

Dear "alanudi",

Thank you so much for replying to my questions!

Someone in another forum replied back also stating that is screen is activated as you said by holding down the power button and volume button at the same time. I'm sure that's what happened, because of the way these two buttons are situated on the opposite sides of the device. (bad design in my opinion) as you've already stated.

I'm trying to learn how to not do that.

I can't remember how I got out of it. "Reboot" may have been the default selection and I just hit the right buttons. Not sure, but everything seems to be working fine now.

I'm not sure how my phone was powered off to begin with. I think the battery ran down too far and the phone just powered itself down. I did not deliberately turn it off.

I'm also interested to know how you and the other responder found out about this particular function. I've searched everywhere for more operation info and have not run across that.

Anyway, I'm loving this phone. Came from an iphone 3G which now seems like the most boring phone in existence compared to my nexus.

Thanks again for your very kind and helpful response to my questions!

Best always,

Dave H

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links