Cracked glass (UK)

This is a discussion on Cracked glass (UK) within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello - So, it has finally happened - the phone has been dropped accidentally and the curved glass has splintered into 3 pieces. Nowhere on ...

Thread: Cracked glass (UK)

Cracked glass (UK)

Hello -

So, it has finally happened - the phone has been dropped accidentally and the curved glass has splintered into 3 pieces. Nowhere on the internet at all seems to say whether this screen can be repaired or not, and none of the mobile repair websites even have it listed!

I have spoken to Carphone Warehouse who claim the repair will cost "anywhere between 85 and 170" and Samsung Mobile who say "We can't qive quotes you will need to send the phone to us to have a look at first".

Has anyone in the UK smashed their screen and had it replaced anywhere for a half-decent price? I'm struggling to find anywhere!

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hi Dave,I was just looking through the forums and noticed your thread.
    I had my nexus s for just over a wk wen my youngest son accidenly knocked it out of my hand,(I'm not sure which 1ov us looked the more afraid, me or my boy)
    Anyway I picked my fone up and 2my horror My screen had indeed cracked.
    I press the button and to my surprise the screen raced to life. What bamboozeled me most was were the crack was!!! Although it had not fallen far and landed quite gently just near the bottom right hand corner near homescreen button,the crack was directly oppersite at the top of screen just were it starts 2curve. It ran half way across screen then splintered into 3cracks that contiued running the rest of way across my screen. Now I'm no scientist but do you or anyone else find it strange that the crack appears not at the point of impact but were the shockwave traveled 2 with enough force 2keep traveling across 2 the other side. Design fault spring in2 any1s mind? Coz it did mine.
    I did think about writing an email 2some1 but is it Mr Google iwrite 2 Or Mr Samsung with my grievance . End result is I did nothing and am still using my S ,if i drop it now tho another crack or chip appers so now I have developed a deep routed paranoia if my fone even slides down the pillow on2 the couch ha ha har.
    IV looked into a repair and was told that the glass is part of the screen they are not separate so therefore it'll cost me 80 :-( got fone in March,damaged it April, still going now (touch wood) do's the latest version off Google fone have a curved screen any1?
    If not! I think we will know y (design fault:-)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links