How does the Nexus S hardware hold up? (In terms of power)

This is a discussion on How does the Nexus S hardware hold up? (In terms of power) within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is this phone still a good pickup, or will it soon be greatly outpaced by newer hardware? I am in the market for my first ...

Thread: How does the Nexus S hardware hold up? (In terms of power)

How does the Nexus S hardware hold up? (In terms of power)

Is this phone still a good pickup, or will it soon be greatly outpaced by newer hardware? I am in the market for my first smart phone, and I am not tied to any carrier. I'm currently considering the Nexus S for the pure Android experience.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It depends on by what criteria you compare NS to the devices coming out these days. Mainly these devices beat NS by two parameters: the dual core processor and the SD card slot. The dual core does not really help when it's about Android because of the way it can use the dual core processor, and for some people 16GB internal memory is enough.

But there is one reason why you actually can't compare NS to tegra 2 devices: it's the price. The new Galaxy S II will cost starting by $1000, almost twice as the NS costs.

So my IMO: it's a great phone for its price. And yes, it's pure google.

I have no issues with the space, 16GB seems like more than enough. And I wonder at this point how much dual-core is really needed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links