N00b bricked Nexus S

This is a discussion on N00b bricked Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, i'm not a good English Speaker, I hope you'll understand what I'll try to explain^^. I just follow step by step without distraction ...

Thread: N00b bricked Nexus S

N00b bricked Nexus S

Hi there, i'm not a good English Speaker, I hope you'll understand what I'll try to explain^^.

I just follow step by step without distraction and keeping focus this trhead but, like title says my Nexus is now Freez on the "Google" boot screen menu.

I have ClockWork Recovery and i didn't can install SuperUser cause of the nexus S freezing in the boot . I can Lock/Unlock the phone with fastboot tool like OP says in the How-To.

I know it's possible (like Acer Liquid) to install a rom from a USB Tool, can I do that too for my Nexus S or maybe do something to reset the phone like factory stance? I think I can use the USB Storage mode from recovery mode to past a ROM but where can I find this?

I'm loost, I hope that you had understood what I wrote.
    Thanks a lot!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

are you able to get into recovery and do a Factory Data Reset?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hi Slice, yes i can do that and i did it. But nothing changes.

I have nothing in my SD Card and i can't restore anything or install a rom because Clockwork doesn't find folders (ie : mount /cache failed,...)

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon72 View Post
    Hi Slice, yes i can do that and i did it. But nothing changes.

I have nothing in my SD Card and i can't restore anything or install a rom because Clockwork doesn't find folders (ie : mount /cache failed,...)
    I'm confused...I thought the Nexus S did not have a removable SD card slot built in.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Ofc, the SD card is build in.
    However, with ClockWork Recovery you are able to connect this card on your computer and Copy/Past Files on the nexus (Like .zip,...).

Now my problem seems more clear, I have a probleme with the "Cache" and i can't install roms or wipe my cache folder (because he doesn't exist!)

I'm looking for a solution on XDA and maybe will find something.

If someone knows how removed this cache-problems maybe can save me \o/

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Lol Slice just amazing what you posted! I find the same and that didn't worked.... AND I FIND WHY!!!

Just focus 5seconds, there is 2 sorts of Nexus the "old" and "new" if I may say that. 2versions : i9020 and i9023.
    The thread that i link above install on our Nexus the CWM 9020!! And try to find what is my version x)? 9023 ! !

That why I had a problem with my cache!! If you have the same problem, just look on your book(in the box of your phone) and install the good version with fastboot (Like thread above but change the name .img with one of the 2names here.
    When it sucessfully install just go in recovery and wipe your cache AND format you cache. Just find a full Rom ( ie: CM7 FR) and install it with recovery.

thanks to you Slice, maybe if you find what I said may be usefull to someone, don't look and translate my bad langage x).
    Have Fun and I repete thanks to you

Sounds like you got it straightened out. Glad I could help!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

A very similar situation, but different cause/solution: I was unable to mount or format the cache folder on the sdcard. ClockworkRecovery was an outdated version, so I suspect that was the cause of being unable to mount the cache partition. I installed a newer version and cache mounted no problems.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links