Nexus S Ringtones Problem

This is a discussion on Nexus S Ringtones Problem within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey my fellow Android lovers, I made this thread because I have a problem trying to install ringtones on my Nexus S(I just got this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S Ringtones Problem

Nexus S Ringtones Problem

Hey my fellow Android lovers,

I made this thread because I have a problem trying to install ringtones on my Nexus S(I just got this phone on Thursday, April 14th, with Canadas carrier Koodo/Telus, so far the phones been unbelievable.)

I followed these instructions: How To Install Ringtones On Your Google Nexus S

The problem on the Nexus S is that everytime I try to install a new ringtone the device doesn't read the file.

When I first plug the device into the computer with USB. A screen pops up saying on the top: "USB Mass Storage," and in the middle "USB Connected" and on the bottom saying " Turn on USB Storage"

The article says to click the "USB Connected" part, but it doesn't even let me.. I can't access that on my phone..

So what I did instead was click on the " Turn on USB Storage" and the computer will read my device. I open it on computer > removable disk > media > audio > and I add a folder called ringtones and I dropped a ringtone off in that folder. I then continued the rest of the isntructions on the site from where it goes "Using Your Ringtones". When all was said and done I couldn't get access to my ringtones.

Anyways, sorry for the long post/newbie question, thanks for reading and the help!

Also, if there's another way of getting ringtones that is easier/better that would be much appreciated.

- AndroidRolando

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sometimes the phone doesn't pick up on new media that was added until after a reboot. Or you could check out Titanium Media Sync in the market.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks for the reply.

I actually found the issue. Really bonehead mistake.

I used an app called astro file manager and it detected my file.

I was wondering if I can use ringdroid for the nexus s. Any one can confirm me if it would work or not.

Also since the problems been fixed I was wondering if you can set ringtones to certain contracts?

will be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Ringdroid should work fine. Glad you got it straightened out!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks. I was wondering if someone could give me a tutorial or a link to show me step by step on how to use the ringdroid for the nexus?

Also any must have apps,

thanks again.

edit: ringdroid FTW.

help pls..

my question has nothing to do with this forum. its just that i cany find where to make a new thread.. anyways pls help me.. my girlfriend gave me this android nexxus. she used it first and log in to her account. now everytime i want to go to gtalk and market it always asked for my gf's password in her gmail account. how to change the primary account? i tried clearing the datas and it didnt work.. i cant even find the gtalk in the mange applications.. help

Welcome Ayan! Do you have the Nexus One, or the Nexus S?

From your home screen, press the menu button> settings> account & sync.
    Remove your gf's account, and add your own...

To start a new thread, there's a header on the following page that reads
    "New Member Introductions & Site Assistance If you are new to the site please introduce yourself in here. You will find that our community is very friendly. If you have questions on how to use the site this is the place to ask! If you are having difficult starting a new thread in this section, this convenient link should start a new thread for you. Simply Click Here.":
    New Member Introductions & Site Assistance - Nexus One/Nexus S Forum - Google Phone Forum

thank you..

mr danger rat thank you for replying.. i even have trouble finding this site again whereinn you replied, good thing i saved the exact address path.. anyways sir, i tried doin' that already. i added my account and tried to delete my gf's account, the thing is the phone is asking to reset my settings under privacy.. and i do believe that reseting the factory settings will delete all my files. it also say's that cant delete my gf accounts coz its using some application so its suggesting to reset factory settings.. =( pls dont get annoyed with me... just want this fix. i million thanks in advance..

No worries, I'm sure we can get an answer for you...

Which Nexus do you have, the N1 or NS?

hi again

thanks for replying again mr danger rat =).. theres no indication that it's nexxus 1 but there is a strange lettering S. so im pretty sure it's nexxus S. =). thanks a million.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links