A couple of questions for nexus s owner's if you dont mind me asking....

This is a discussion on A couple of questions for nexus s owner's if you dont mind me asking.... within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I am going to be purchasing a new smartphone soon. My preferred choice was automatically going to be the Nexus S but after digging ...

Thread: A couple of questions for nexus s owner's if you dont mind me asking....

A couple of questions for nexus s owner's if you dont mind me asking....

Hi,
    I am going to be purchasing a new smartphone soon. My preferred choice was automatically going to be the Nexus S but after digging around and finding some problems I cant help but feel uncertain of my choice. Can you guys clear up a couple of things for me if you can?

1) Is the battery life really that bad? I am going to be going on a school trip soon...as such I was hoping the phone would act as my multimedia player as well. But when I read that people get to fifty percent battery after sending only a few text messages and such, I find it odd.

2) Are there any widely known or prominent hardware problems with the phone? From what I read, I have found about flickering capacitive buttons, terrible Wi-Fi connection, and faulty charging ports.

3) Can you restore your phone after rooting it? Will it still be able to receive updates? What are some pro's of rooting?

I know it seems like I am lazy and not searching for the answers myself and I apologize if I am, but I just want (what I would consider everyone here) an expert opinion. Also I am going to be purchasing this phone outright..and while I understand that technology will always have hardware and software issues i would like to prevent anything I can prevent from affecting my future phone. Any info, tips, guide, and help would be greatly appreciated..thanks!

-Andy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you're going to be purchasing a new smartphone now and if your from Canada I wouldn't put the Nexus S on my top list, but since I'm with Koodo Mobile and I don't have to switch providers this was the best alternative for me(I don't like contracts either, something about commitment.)

For what's being offered in Canada I would go with the following:

1. Samsung Galaxy S 2 - won't be out till september, but by far the BEST phone that will be offered. Many youtube clips have a preview on the phone.
    2. Motorola Atrix - great hardware, crappy motorblur
    3. HTC Desire HD - amazing camara, htc sense, apparently terrible battery life
    4. HTC Incredible S - all around good phone, not much to complain, just a little outdated in what the markets offering now.

1) But as for your problem that you're suspecting out of the Nexus S all I can say is so far the battery has lasted me about from 8AM to 6PM the next day with one full charge. I was sending lots of text messages, calls, wifi, and apps, however I do not use it as my music player though, I still got an Ipod Nano that works fine :laugh:.

2) For the WiFi I get good connection from my own house, from my friends house, but I haven't had this phone for a while. Buttons have worked fine, my port works fine as well.

3) Haven't rooted my phone, don't really see much purpose since you're getting "pure" android.

Hope that helps a bit.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links