Unresponsive touchscreen/no signal

This is a discussion on Unresponsive touchscreen/no signal within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all - first time poster, sorry if this has been discussed before! Boyfriend has a Nexus S and was trying to change his wall ...

Thread: Unresponsive touchscreen/no signal

Unresponsive touchscreen/no signal

Hi all - first time poster, sorry if this has been discussed before!

Boyfriend has a Nexus S and was trying to change his wall paper when the background screen went black and the touch screen wouldn't work. He took out the battery to try an reboot it but nothing is still happening. He can receive calls and texts but can't see them or answer the calls as the toucscreen wont work (the same happens with the buttons on the bottom) Where it should say o2(his provider) it says no signal despite a full ball of signal at the top.

Can anyone help? Thanks!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know much about the Nexus S, but it sounds like it may be a hardware issue.
    The first step would be to do a wipe, but if your screen isn't working you'll obviously struggle, so you could try doing a wipe/reset through recovery.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how you access recovery on the S, so I'll let you do the digging...

Well this sounds like hardware to me too but if this happened right when you went to change the wall paper it should be software somewhere (well unless you were trying to crush the screen when you taped it XD)

Anyway when you press the bottom buttons do you get haptic feedback?

And so you know to boot into recovery you apparently need to press vol+ and turn it on (which is weird cause you would think it would be vol- ) then from there just navigate to "wipe factory reset" (or something like that) and you will be wiped and there for if that doesn't fix it you'll have to bring it in for a fix.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links