Can only use voice guide navigation if I un-pair Nexus S from my car

This is a discussion on Can only use voice guide navigation if I un-pair Nexus S from my car within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi I have a new Nexus S and a new Kia Sorento 2011. I can get voice guided navigation using "maps" and "Navigate" if only ...

Thread: Can only use voice guide navigation if I un-pair Nexus S from my car

Angry Can only use voice guide navigation if I un-pair Nexus S from my car

Hi
    I have a new Nexus S and a new Kia Sorento 2011. I can get voice guided navigation using "maps" and "Navigate" if only if I unpair from my car's Bluetooth system. I have been trying for 2 weeks to find a solution and am getting really frustrated. For all who have used this successfully in your cars on-board bluetooth system, help?

Second issue I'm having is when I want to make a call using my Sorento's bluetooth, I am asked if I want to dial by name or by number. I say "by name" then when asked what name, I say, " John". This is an entry in my contacts list. Next thing I hear is "I cannot understand the command"....... again, what am I doing wrong? I've been battling this for two weeks, and havn't found a work around. The Sorento's bluetooth worked fine for my 3 year old LG phone.

I love my Nexus S but if I can't get it to do the 2 primary functions which I bought it for, it's useless. Help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried saying "call John at home" for example because that is what I'm supposed to say to call with my nexus one so it should be the same with your nexus S.

Half problem solved...

I finally got voice guided nav to work. I assumed voice directions would automatically be heard as long as I'm connected to bluetooth on the car, just as phone. I discovered that in order to hear voice directions, I had to select "Aux" on my car radio, which is what I use to hear music streamed via bluetooth from my Nexus.

Dude Random 21, thanks for your suggestion. I will try it next time I'm in my car. I think that's going to be the answer though, because I just tried it out of my car, and you're right, I have to say "Call John", for place a call. If I just say John, it launches into a google search! Thank you very much, I've been trying to sort this out since I got my phone

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links