Wish I'd stayed with the iPhone

This is a discussion on Wish I'd stayed with the iPhone within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've had the Nexus-S for a few months now, and I can say that I am hugely disappointed with it. Having previously had an iPhone, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish I'd stayed with the iPhone

Wish I'd stayed with the iPhone

I've had the Nexus-S for a few months now, and I can say that I am hugely disappointed with it. Having previously had an iPhone, I was used to a certain quality that is completely missing with this phone.

In particular, it has:
    • Terrible battery life (often < 12 hours)
    • Terrible 3g reception (may be Orange, but usually it doesn't work, in London)
    • Poor wifi reception
    • Rubbish apps (ok this is Android, but they are awful and buggy compared to the iPhone)
    • No visual voicemail (any recommendations welcome)
    • Buttons in really annoying places (too easy to press accidentally)
    • Average screen (very poor with small font)
    • Bugs (e.g. voicemail keypad buttons don't always work)
    • Multitasking proliferation hell

Every time I use it I hate it a little bit more, and wish I'd bought an iPhone 4.
    There may be certain apps that drain the battery, but I've uninstalled most of them and it still sucks. About the only good thing about it is the camera.

I don't suppose I'm the only one who wishes they'd stayed with an iPhone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well you did chose the least effective and most buggy android phone lmao I had an iPhone before and since i got my N1 iphone seem like crap to me.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Hmm, I don't know much about the Nexus One, but I'd heard it sucks

All I know is that I feel the loss of the iPhone I could have had, every time I use my Nexus S.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny_symbols View Post
    Hmm, I don't know much about the Nexus One, but I'd heard it sucks
    Well I dont think so. I guess phones tastes narrows down to personal tastes too

And personaly, I don't have any tech problems with it.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Love my Nexus S

I've had my Nexus S and each time I use it, I find more reasons to love it. I've had an iPhone and although the Nexus is a totally different experience, once you adjust to the differences, mostly in UI, I'm thrilled. I've had absolutely no bugs or issues,
    -battery drain was initially an issue, until I learned to shut off applications properly.
    - Perhaps location is a pre-determinate, but I've not had any issues with 3G reception,
    -I find the screen display far superior to the iPhone, and the Nexus S screen is far more shatterproof as compared to the iPhone which developed cracks with relatively small drops.
    -WiFi reception has been flawless.
    - I can get 2 days without charging with fairly consistent use.
    -I particularly enjoy breaking free of iTunes captivity!
    -purchased a simple media player off Android marketplace which comes with equalizer and sound quality off Nexus is far, far superior to iPhone.

I can go on and on......
    I think it's a matter of personal preference and expectations.

my two mates have the iphone 4 and both agree nexus is the better phone,i dont know how many times theyve asked me to put the live football on my phone
    my other phone's a nexus too

This phone is not for everybody. maybe you should go back to your Iphone.

I've had the Nexus-S for a few months now, and I can say that I am hugely disappointed with it. Having previously had an iPhone, I was used to a certain quality that is completely missing with this phone.

In particular, it has:
    • Poor wifi reception
    • Rubbish apps (ok this is Android, but they are awful and buggy compared to the iPhone)

Every time I use it I hate it a little bit more, and wish I'd bought an iPhone 4.
    There may be certain apps that drain the battery, but I've uninstalled most of them and it still sucks. About the only good thing about it is the camera.

Also coming from a Nexus One, I find the Nexus S far less appealing. Just today, I had to struggle with soft-button position, accidental volume adjustments just trying to sleep the screen, and the screen itself was sometimes unresponsive to touch, unlike my Nexus One. If it had a lame LCD screen, I think the Nexus S would be pretty much useless to me..the gorgeous amoled is it's saving grace, imho.

Apple is for conformist,people who do not wish for more or people who would rather fallow then lead.Android dedicated users we are the people who want more,we are the people that say give me a buggy,laggy,phone with awesome capabilities and let me hack the pooped out of it to make it my own.
    That alone is the single reason I believe why android will watch apple rot,open source baby,a platform for the people by the people you want the same mindless icrap go back to apple,
    You want a product that you can actually make your own,start reading threads and doing research,stop waiting for some rich clownshoes to make your mind up for you.

Don't be scared the darkside is brighter than you think

In particular, it has:
    • Poor wifi reception

Sounds like Steve Jobs has signed up for the forum folks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links