Signal status greys out when the screen turns off

This is a discussion on Signal status greys out when the screen turns off within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, I have a Nexus S running 2.3.4 (although I was still having this problem with 2.3.3) and sometimes when the screen turns off due ...

Thread: Signal status greys out when the screen turns off

Signal status greys out when the screen turns off

Hello,

I have a Nexus S running 2.3.4 (although I was still having this problem with 2.3.3) and sometimes when the screen turns off due to inactivity (at least that's when I notice it) and I return to my phone, the 3G signal bars are greyed out. They still show that I have full bars, but they are not green. During this time the phone shows me as disconnected to Google Talk (which I leave on all the time) and the green won't return to the bars until I re-sign-in to Google Talk. I guess this is more of an inconvenience than a real problem, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing it.

Thanks,

Max

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yup, same here. However I never use Google Talk, so I do think this is the underlying problem.

The signal turns green when there is a connection with Google servers, so that is quite normal.

The weird thing is GTalk signing out - you could try and delete data from GTalk (via app manager), and if that doesn't work, try deleting data from Google Services Framework (again via app manager), and reboot...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links