Nexus S repeated app crashes, welcome screen cycle

This is a discussion on Nexus S repeated app crashes, welcome screen cycle within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, I've had a Nexus S for a few months now with no problems. It's running official firmware, and the only updates it's had ...

Thread: Nexus S repeated app crashes, welcome screen cycle

Nexus S repeated app crashes, welcome screen cycle

Hi All,

I've had a Nexus S for a few months now with no problems. It's running official firmware, and the only updates it's had are OTA ones that happen automatically. It's current state is:

Android version: 2.3.2
    Baseband version: I9020XXJK8
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-g7f1638a android-build@apa28 #1
    Build number: GRH78C
    I'm on Orange in the UK.

When I turned my phone on today the lock screen looked normal - even had my alarm time that was set last night (although the alarm failed to go off).

Upon unlocking I see "welcome to nexus s" in the background and then a stream of messages telling me that "the process x has stopped unexpectedly". These are piling up on top of each other (e.g. gmail, bluetooth share, last.fm, photobucket, calendar storage, messaging, com.process.google.gapps

Once these are closed I'm left with the welcome to nexus screen. I choose to skip adding a google account (one was already set up and working) and it takes me to my home screen with all the usual shortcuts. My USB storage is as it was before, but the apps that I have tried to run, such as messaging, gmail, google maps, etc. either crash or don't start. The phone has also lost my wifi settings.

I power cycled and the phone returned to the list of crashed apps and welcome to nexus s screen. This time I tried entering my google account details and after a couple of minutes the phone reported that it couldn't set up a reliable data connection. Then some google process crashed and the phone went back to the start of the whole cycle, the welcome screen.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on? I have no idea how to fix it other than doing a hard reset (which I don't know how to do!) and I don't really want to have to set the whole phone up again if there's an alternative.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Luke

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well I think your only way out might be factory reset sorry

Thanks, I ended up doing a hard rest cos I needed the phone today. Seems to be OK now, but a little annoying that the OS is so flaky...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links