Led Blink - SMS/MMS/Missed Call Notification? (Nexus S)

This is a discussion on Led Blink - SMS/MMS/Missed Call Notification? (Nexus S) within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; My led on my nexus phone doesn't blink, is there a way to fix it?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Led Blink - SMS/MMS/Missed Call Notification? (Nexus S)

My led on my nexus phone doesn't blink, is there a way to fix it?

Question Led not working

My led has not once blinked since I got my new Nexus S, I just want to know if anyone knows how to fix it

The LED on the Nexus S isn't supposed to blink. If you want LED notifications, you may want to look into an app called Blinker available on XDA. I think it requires root access...

Doesn't LightFlow work on the Nexus S? It works on the Atrix for sure...

The primary reason the LED doesn't blink is that there is no LED on the Nexus S. No amount of software will make a nonexistent LED blink.

I use noLED, which works fine on phones with... no LED. Besides the images above, there are icon sets you can download from the author's website. I use a set that puts the Google icons (in their proper colors) on-screen. Our AMOLED screens take very little power to display just a small icon or a square of pixels against a dark background, so this burns scarcely more battery than blinking a notification LED.

Lightflow specifically says "NOTE - the LED functionality does not work on most LG and Samsung phones."

There are some apps that will blink the capacitative touch buttons (Back, Menu, Search, Home). These require a custom kernel that provides hooks for the application.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Doesn't LightFlow work on the Nexus S? It works on the Atrix for sure...
    No, light flow won't work due to the Nexus S having no hardware led.
    I am currently looking into flashing the camera led to provide some form of notification on the Nexus S.

I'm just working on htc phones getting a little more control of the notifications including flashing the camera led, or switching on the backlight buttons and a few other bits like that.

I've got a tester on board with the Nexus S, I just need to look into controlling the led flash more. I notice it looks like that's was iOS is getting in iOS 5 - a notification light by using the flash led - they are sooo behind the times :-)

"No Led" is pretty cool though. I've been looking at a slightly different approach (as well as flashing the leds) for phones without notifications.
    That will probably come around the time I get my home screen widget code more complete.

Hey Folks! Read all the posts! Two points were already made on the first page of this thread that had to be made AGAIN:

1. The Nexus S doesn't possess an LED
    2. The app NO LED solves the problem and then some

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links