cant root nexus s!!!

This is a discussion on cant root nexus s!!! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok so i have tried most methods i have found and nothing. cant seem to figure out how the heck this is suposed to be ...

Thread: cant root nexus s!!!

cant root nexus s!!!

ok so i have tried most methods i have found and nothing. cant seem to figure out how the heck this is suposed to be done. i first tried the guide on cyanogen to root my phone but, after installing everything on both my windows pc and mac i get to the run "fastboot oem unlock"... and then a hole bunch of nothing happens.

yes i am a noob at this. but i mean, this phone was suposed to be a easy unlock but the unrevoked method for my buddys htc desire is putting the nexus to shame. i have spent the last 4 hours trying cause nothing i try works.

i am on 2.3.3.

if any one has any idea how to do this please help. it just seems like the pc is waiting for device, but i have the sdk, java, eclipse and adt plug in all installed. so seems like both on the pc and mac the nexus is not connecting. oh yeah and usb debug is on.

edit. device manager in windows shows the nexus s but with a yellow "!"

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You don't need the SDK, Java, or Eclipse, you just need the drivers and the fastboot binary...

Make sure you connect the phone while it is in the fastboot screen. If the driver still shows a yellow exclamation, update the driver (since you have the SDK, it should be located in the Drivers folder in your SDK folder).

Once you've got the drivers correctly installed, connect via fastboot (type "fastboot devices", which will confirm connection - you should get a device ID number displayed). You can then type "fastboot oem unlock"...

If you can describe any specific errors, it will help us help you... xD

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You don't need the SDK, Java, or Eclipse, you just need the drivers and the fastboot binary...

Make sure you connect the phone while it is in the fastboot screen. If the driver still shows a yellow exclamation, update the driver (since you have the SDK, it should be located in the Drivers folder in your SDK folder).

Once you've got the drivers correctly installed, connect via fastboot (type "fastboot devices", which will confirm connection - you should get a device ID number displayed). You can then type "fastboot oem unlock"...

If you can describe any specific errors, it will help us help you... xD
    yeah just tried this, got to install the driver when phone is on. so the exclamation mark dissapered. but now when in recovery (volum up+on/off) it just shows a android 1.0 with exclamation mark. but cant install drivers from sdk package. and when typing fastboot oem unlock cmd just says waiting for devices. so no further it seems

if it is any help im on win 7 64bit, my MB is asus p6x58d-e, i7 950, 6gb ram dominator 2000mhx cl8.

never had errors, all devices are installed and all usb devices like joystick, gamepad, logitech g13 and mouse and keyboard all work. even tried the phone on different usb ports but still nada.

Your phone needs to be in the bootloader at the fastboot screen, in order to use fastboot from the PC (not in recovery).

I'm not that familiar with the Nexus S, so I don't know how to get to the bootloader...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Your phone needs to be in the bootloader at the fastboot screen, in order to use fastboot from the PC (not in recovery).

I'm not that familiar with the Nexus S, so I don't know how to get to the bootloader...
    if you read it thats what iam doing, just couldnt remember what it was called, but yes i am in fastboot, starting the phone with volum up + on/off button

I did read - you said recovery...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links