Fastboot mode - no boot or recovery img **help**

This is a discussion on Fastboot mode - no boot or recovery img **help** within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi I've searched for a solution but didn't find one for my problem so... I was trying to flash an updated kernel through Kernel Manager ...

Thread: Fastboot mode - no boot or recovery img **help**

Fastboot mode - no boot or recovery img **help**

Hi

I've searched for a solution but didn't find one for my problem so...

I was trying to flash an updated kernel through Kernel Manager application and then it said it cannot complete task and asked me to reboot system.
    I then entered into the recovery and flashed the kernel manually.

When rebooted system I got the message "FASTBOOT MODE - NO BOOT OR RECOVERY IMG" in red at the top of the bootloader.

So naturally I thought maybe it lost the recovery so I went and flashed CWM recovery 3.0.2.5 (had 3.0.2.4 when all this happened) through fastboot and that went OK.

I then entered the recovery to make sure the recovery flashing went OK and pressed Restart system now.

But then it started the bootloader and the same message appeared "FASTBOOT MODE - NO BOOT OR RECOVERY IMG" in red at the top of the bootloader.

I repeated that process few times and same thing.

The strange thing is when I select "REBOOT BOOTLOADER" and it boots into bootloader I see "FASTBOOT MODE" in red at the top. But when I try to reboot the phose I see the message to the top again.

How can I get out of this?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Ok well repeat the same process with Amon-Ra instead of clockwork mod and see what happens.

Passimg to restore your phone...

Dbeny...

I hesitate to offer help when I know so little, but I think I'm about one step ahead of you in restoring my Nexus S. I was able to use fastboot to get Clockwork Recovery on my phone using the following command:

C:\android\tools>fastboot boot recovery.img

You have to have your phone connected to your PC and be in fastboot mode, and you have to have the correct path to your recovery image. ( I have a good recovery image that I downloaded from somewhere. )
    If yours worked like mine, the Recovery image downloaded and my phone rebooted into CWR recovery. All that being said, now I'm stuck because I can't figure out the correct ROM and the correct command to get it on my internal sd card. Right now, when I work my way to my sd card using CWR, I just get " /.. " BTW, ADB only works for me when I'm in CWR so I have to keep booting that boot.image whenever I want to use ADB

Good luck!

Heliosue

No matter what you do with all the good advice, don't use CW 3.

If you don't go with Amon uselatest CW 2.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ads