It's not a brick, it's a quagmire and I'm sinking fast!

This is a discussion on It's not a brick, it's a quagmire and I'm sinking fast! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; SOLVED: Thanks for the help and sorry for the bother. I finally figured out how to do this! My Nexus S is about to do ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's not a brick, it's a quagmire and I'm sinking fast!

Angry It's not a brick, it's a quagmire and I'm sinking fast!

SOLVED: Thanks for the help and sorry for the bother. I finally figured out how to do this!

My Nexus S is about to do me in. I got it last week and unlocked it easily. Then disaster struck. I tried to root it using superboot and it hasn't worked since. It was stuck on the Google boot page and I could only get into the bootoader. Hard resets did not work and neither did the stock recovery. Today I finally managed to boot into CWR using Fastboot commands but now I can't figure out how get my operating system back again. The internal SD card appears to be empty and I haven't had any luck using adb to push anything into it. I've got system, recovery, boot, data and cache stock images, but when I try to flash them using Fastboot they fail to write to the partition. BTW adb only sees my phone when it is in CWR.
    If there is anyone out there who has any ideas about how I might solve this problem please let me know so that I can give them a try. (This stopped being fun about four days ago!)
    Thanks.

Heliosue

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This happened with my n1 I got stuck on the cm7 boot screen,now I'm not sure for the nexus s but with mine I had the passimg for 2.2 on my SD card I just killed the power went to fastboot and flashed that then went about rerooting and reflashing cm7,and it worked fine.
    Ask around and see if there is a method like this for the nexus s,
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Sent from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    This happened with my n1 I got stuck on the cm7 boot screen,now I'm not sure for the nexus s but with mine I had the passimg for 2.2 on my SD card I just killed the power went to fastboot and flashed that then went about rerooting and reflashing cm7,and it worked fine.
    Ask around and see if there is a method like this for the nexus s,
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Sent from somewhere
    Thanks so much for trying to help. I'll look for a passimage and see if that does the trick. I also found a couple of ROMs last night that I thought I might be able to use - the main problem is how to get them to that internal sd card. I'll let you know what works.

Thanks again.
    heliosue

Well, passimage or "pass image" process is way over my head. All I could find in doing Google searches were discussions by developers. I'm surprised I couldn't find more info because I've seen it referred to a couple of times in recent months, but never really bothered to try to figure it out. (Now I know why!) I'll try flashing one of the ROMS I picked up last night.
    Thanks again.

Heliosue

Ill see what I can dig up for you,did it come with 2.3.3stock?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=40ftcobb;99048]Ill see what I can dig up for you,did it come with 2.3.3stock?

It came with 2.3.3 but it updated right when I was trying to root (That may have created part of the problem.) The real problem for me is that when I was rooting my Nook Color, I had an external sd card to work with and it was very easy to load and flash from the external card. There were also a ton of developers working on the Nook Color, so it was easy to find help. I guess I don't know enough about adb or fastboot to use them properly to get a ROM correctly loaded onto my internal sd card, although I have them both figured out enough that I can follow good instructions. When I get to my sd card using CWR, the only thing that is on there is "/.."
    Other than that, I loved my Nexus S for the few days I used it before disaster struck.

Thanks for your help.

Heliosue

Passimg is specific to the N1 (the pass bit is short for passion)...

Poppy what are is other option then?would just have to flash a stock rom for n's?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

can you tell me what you did i'm having the same problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links