Problems

This is a discussion on Problems within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just got the Nexus S 4G Monday. Having a couple issues: 1) It won't play any Youtube videos (at 3 sites...including google nexus site) if ...

Thread: Problems

Problems

Just got the Nexus S 4G Monday. Having a couple issues:

1) It won't play any Youtube videos (at 3 sites...including google nexus site) if it's embedded in a website...plays just fine at the Youtube site...some don't play in site or at YouTube?

2) Locks-up and then repowers itself...seemingly randomly....10 times a day. Last time was just now when I exited my email. Hit return key and nothing hit it a couple more times and the screen went black...next thing I see is GOOGLE...start-up screen?

Any ideas? Anybody else having issues?

Thx

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The first issue is fixed. At the Sprint stor the guys thought it needed Flash 10.2 and loaded it. No help. Yesterday after pulling the battery and repowering, a website requested I download 10.2. I did it and it works...?

Still having unpredictable power-down issues. Only 3 times today.

I also had it lock-up while trying to manually enter contact info...it didn't give me a keyboard to type in a name? Just sat with 'name' highlighted...Powered down/up and OK.

Flash 10.3 just came out... xD

The other issues seem to be plaguing a few people, and I'm not sure there's fix...

Ya I was having the same issues with no keyboard popping up,pushing buttons or apps and different stuff would happen,but been running CM7 nightlies 69 with no issues at all,no screen jitters mostly seemed to fix call delay also

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Can't delete all trashed email at once( no selection button ).....

Can't select or deselect for the same purpose

Samsung cofirmed.....Eventually if you don't delete emails one by one phone will become increasingly slower

If you go into the Gmail app you can specify which folders to sync, and what period to sync them for...

Much Better

So I finally took the phone back in and they wiped it clean to see if it was a software or hardware issue...after 3 days of lock-ups/power-downs they replaced the phone and YEEHAW! No problems! I have had 1 power down in the last 3wks. So it was some sort of a hardware issue.

Only prob now is mediocore reception...not like the Nextel. That thing could get signal anywhere.

nexus s

wow i guess i am a lucky one... i have had no issues to date with my nexus s 4g except the back button does not light up all the way... but still works.. lol

Junior Member needtoknow_nexusone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    Ya I was having the same issues with no keyboard popping up,pushing buttons or apps and different stuff would happen,but been running CM7 nightlies 69 with no issues at all,no screen jitters mostly seemed to fix call delay also

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    If you are having an issue getting the keyboard to come up, try holding the menu botton down. This should bring the keyboard up and hide it again no matter what screen you are on.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links