Wiped and Error Installing Cyanogen 7 HELP!

This is a discussion on Wiped and Error Installing Cyanogen 7 HELP! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had done my phone this afternoon with no issues, unlocked it, rooted it, and installed cyanogen 7 with no problems what so ever. BUT ...

Thread: Wiped and Error Installing Cyanogen 7 HELP!

Exclamation Wiped and Error Installing Cyanogen 7 HELP!

I had done my phone this afternoon with no issues, unlocked it, rooted it, and installed cyanogen 7 with no problems what so ever. BUT when I went to do my husbands phone, I had no issues in the beginning. I unlocked it, rooted it Clockwork 3.0.0.0, Wiped data/factory/cache went to install cyanogen 7 zip and error...The only thing different I recognized was different was that cyanogenmod was update-cm-7.0.3-NS-signed(1) the (1) because it was downloaded onto my comp twice. I only thought that might be an issue after I wiped the phone. But then thought how could that be an issue???! So I went to download a new one but can't put it on the sd card on the phone when plugged into the comp. The computer DOESN'T SEE IT!! It bleeps when I unplug the phone and plug it back it but there is no folder I can open that I know of!! I do not know what to do! I already felt like puking and started crying. Please can somebody help me ?!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can you not download cm7 through rom manager?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

If that requires the phone being in anything but the (vol up+power) menu. Cause that is all I can get, the phone won't boot anything past the Google letters.

The only thing I can suggest is downloading the passimg for 2.2
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=772591
    From the link on to your computer rename the file passimg don't ad the. Zip windows does that for you,
    Place the passimg file on the root of your sdcard(not in any folders)
    Hold volume down+power
    Wait for the SD card to mount and follow the prompt to install,
    Root with z4root
    Download rom manager from market
    Download cm7 or whatever rom you,chose and fallow the prompts to install

Ok how would I put it on the root of the sdcard if I can't open the phones sdcard folder when the phone is plugged in to the computer? The computer recognizes it how its supposed too but I can not get to the sdcard.

Well your probly need to get the SD card adapter (looks like a big SD card you slide the little one into) and plug it into your comp and do it that way,I've always had one just in case stuff like this happens makes it easier.
    If you don't have one use your phone and SD card then put your SD into your hubby's phone

Unfortunately the Nexus S doesn't come with a sdcard port.. the external and internal memory are both ..internal. (I really think they should have made an sd card port just like every other phone..)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links