Just bought a Nexus S 4 G

This is a discussion on Just bought a Nexus S 4 G within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm probably older than a lot of folks here, but just bought a Nexus S 4G phone. I'm looking for applications, ideas and advice for ...

Thread: Just bought a Nexus S 4 G

Just bought a Nexus S 4 G

I'm probably older than a lot of folks here, but just bought a Nexus S 4G phone. I'm looking for applications, ideas and advice for this device. I would like to have voice texting, and some construction related apps I read about in FineHomebuilding magazine. I'm a futures trader, interested in apps related to trading, but will not be trading using this device.
    Do most people use these silicon skins with a belt attachment device?
    Do I hook it up to my computer and download the apps to the computer drive and then transfer to the phone?
    Working my way through the mammoth manual online. I came from a basic phone to this. Yikes !
    Thank you for any thoughts,and help it's quite the piece of hardware !!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

To download apps you need to go to the market app on the phone or the online market on your computer. The best way to learn would probably be to just use the phone and mess around a little.

Just got my Nexus 3

had the Pre for years never thought I would change but this is so cool. Trying to get use to all the apps, size of screen. Froze once, just pulled the battery did not know what else to do, a screen with lots of selections came up and was worried not to erase everything I had but worked perfect. For some reason most of my contacts are 2 to 4 times each. Maybe because I loaded work and home email programs, and two gmails me and wifes so we share appointments. Any easy way to correct. Doing one at a time...

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm not sure how to get apps onto my computer and then onto the phone, E.G. Google maps wants it done right off the phone, after registering my phone in my Google account. I could not figure that one out ? I have Gmail but no idea how to register my phone.

Ok well with the online android market it will not actually go through you computer it's just you will be able to download apps on your phone by using your computer then as soon as the phone is connected to the internet it will start the download.

Not sure I understand what you mean by registering the phone.

Thanks you for your reply. My gmail account wants my phone number registered is what I meant, and can't seem to get that done. I'm sure I will figure it out. I'm making lots of mistakes, but the phone is very good!
    Today I accidently started it in safe mode, and had to figure that one out!
    Is the only way to move the cursor in a line of text, to drag it with your finger?

you can tap with your finger where you want it. I have been using the voice system on texts it works real good unless background noise and sometimes I have make a couple of corrections but easier then typing. I miss the keyboard on my PRE but getting use to it. This phone is great and learning all the time. Had to add an app to help delete dup contacts. I dont know why but some are in there 6 times. It may be due to fact I have my gmail account, my wifes, and my work so I can exhange my appointments just don't know and its a long process to delete but then I think they get added again....
    Trying lots of apps, and deleting those I dont like or crash the system, wish there was a better site for apps then just the phone..

For duplicate contacts you can go into your Google account from a web browser and merge the contacts. If you can't find some of your contacts from the browser, it may be because they are stored under the "other contacts" tab...

I too came from the Palm Pre. Touchscreen went and I had to have a phone.. I was apprehensive at first but I am getting the hang of this phone pretty quick. It is a much cleaner interface I think and very snappy.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links