Nexsus S not visible when connected to PC

This is a discussion on Nexsus S not visible when connected to PC within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi I am from UK and I have had my Nesus S since they were available on pre-order in December. I love the phone but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexsus S not visible when connected to PC

Nexsus S not visible when connected to PC

Hi

I am from UK and I have had my Nesus S since they were available on pre-order in December. I love the phone but it has recently developed a problem where I am unable to see my the phone when I connect it to a PC. Is this a common problem and does anyone have any idea how I can rectify it?
    BTW I am not particularly skilled when it comes to PCs or OS so if you can keep it in layman terms please!
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok when you say you can't see the phone with the computer do you mean you can't see the things on the USB storage EX: pictures videos etc. or do you mean the drivers aren't working (or are not present) so the adb can't connect?

Nerxsus S USB connection issues

When I first got the phone when I connected it to my PC (Windows 7 64 bit) the phone display said USB connected and asked if I would like to access USB storage. The PC also showed the phone as an external hard drive in my computer.
    Now when I connect the phone to my PC with the USB cable the computer does not show any external drives being connected and the phone does not show any prompts.
    I recently updated the software on the phone to 2.3.4 but not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.
    I have tried removing the battery and USB debugging but this didn't help.
    Any advice will be most gratefully received.
    Has anyone tried any of the wireless apps for connecting to a PC. I tried iSync for wireless downloading music and it seemed to work well.
    Thanks for your help
    Ali

I do pretty much all of my pc connection over wifi, using estrongs file manager...

That's very strange but when you said you tried usb debugging and it didn't help do you mean it didn't connect or it didn't help you to get into mass storage mode?

I think the only solution may be to factory reset or to go back to a previous version (passimg?? does that work with the nexus S?) and come back (or don't if you don't want to) but those solutions will make you lose all user data.

I'm not up to speed on Windows 7 (slowly migrating to Linux), but have you tried deleting the old driver?

facing similar problem

I bought nexus s from Vodafone Australia. I have problem copying files from my pc to nexus s. I connect it to PC, click on "Turn on USB Storage" the green widget turns to yellow and "turn off USB Storage" is displayed. sometimes, the phone contents are displayed on my pc, and as soon as i start to copy something, it is delinked, and the phone just disappears. and in the meantime on the phone, the widget turns green. I'm clueless whats happening, cannot transfer any songs to my phone. pls help

Try installing PDAnet, and see if that helps connection...

hi everyone...i have recently bought nexus s and started having the same problem...my computer stopped recognizing my phone...i tried different things to make it work but couldnt...finally i got to the root of problem in my case...ur case might be different...the problem with my phone was that unintentionally i was using some other cable rather than using the samsung one which came with the phone...i have quite a few calbles...everyone plz check ur cables and i hope if this is the case then ur problem will go away....

That might have worked for you but the thing is that the input is standard micro usb so any micro usb cable should work but maybe in your case the cable you were using was broken or there was a bad connection or something but it should work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links