Quick question

This is a discussion on Quick question within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi everyone, I just registered because I have a little annoying problem with my nexus s 4g. I've searched the forums and around the web, ...

Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Hi everyone, I just registered because I have a little annoying problem with my nexus s 4g. I've searched the forums and around the web, but couldn't find an answer so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Problem is whenever I go to charge the phone, I get no confirmation that it's plugged in. The screen remains black and I have to hit the power button to double check that it's charging. My wife has the same phone, but her screen pops up when plugged in. I believe my did to the first day or two when I first got it, but not sure.

Other than that I love the phone. Traded in an epic 4g for it with no regrets so far.

*update*
    Well, I decided to try the fix all method of removing the battery and that has seem to fix the problem as of now. Hope this helps anyone else with the same situation.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by whiteGDB View Post
    Hi everyone, I just registered because I have a little annoying problem with my nexus s 4g. I've searched the forums and around the web, but couldn't find an answer so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Problem is whenever I go to charge the phone, I get no confirmation that it's plugged in. The screen remains black and I have to hit the power button to double check that it's charging. My wife has the same phone, but her screen pops up when plugged in. I believe my did to the first day or two when I first got it, but not sure.

Other than that I love the phone. Traded in an epic 4g for it with no regrets so far.

mine is the same way.if you power it off while charging it will show you

rooted Nexus S 4G

My Nexus S is the same. When powered on, the screen does not change or given any prompts when the power cord is inserted. Strange that your wife's phone does. Are you sure she doesn't have it powered OFF at the time?

Her's is on when she charges it. We even double checked all of our settings to make sure they're the same. I swear my screen would show up when plugged in the first couple of days I had it. It's just super inconvenient too have to check and make sure it's charging and would be even more inconvenient to shut it off before charging.

Her's is on when she charges it. We even double checked all of our settings to make sure they're the same. I swear my screen would show up when plugged in the first couple of days I had it. It's just super inconvenient too have to check and make sure it's charging and would be even more inconvenient to shut it off before charging.

why do you have to check it.if its plugged in its charging seems easy to me lol

rooted Nexus S 4G

I need to double check, because I'll get paranoid that it's not charging. Everyone phone or electronic device I've had always gives some sort of confirmation that it's charging, whether it be an led or charging icon on the screen. IDK, seems pretty easy to me.

I guess it just bothers me that my wife's phone does it but not mine.

I need to double check, because I'll get paranoid that it's not charging. Everyone phone or electronic device I've had always gives some sort of confirmation that it's charging, whether it be an led or charging icon on the screen. IDK, seems pretty easy to me.

I guess it just bothers me that my wife's phone does it but not mine.
    i think it would bother me more as to why your wife's stays on when others don't.

rooted Nexus S 4G

It doesn't stay on. The screen just pops up like with most other phones and then when it times out it goes black.

Possible solution found. Details in original post.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links