Apps from PC to Nexus S

This is a discussion on Apps from PC to Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got Nexus S and wanted to transfer / download apps from my pc to Nexus S. I searched for guide and how to ...

Thread: Apps from PC to Nexus S

Apps from PC to Nexus S

I just got Nexus S and wanted to transfer / download apps from my pc to Nexus S. I searched for guide and how to sections in the internet websites without success. Is there a way to transfer and run these apps using the USB cable? I can see certain folders in the phone when USB cable is connected but don't know which folder to send the apps to and how to run them afterwards.
    I will be grateful if I could use your knowledge in this regard.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well you can't actually do that there is only two ways that you can do something similar. One is to use apk files and put them on your phones usb storage then go into a files explorer or apk installer to install them. The other thing is the online android market https://market.android.com/ which will allow you to download apps directly to your phone, you chose them on your computer and as soon as your phone is connected to the internet the download will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well you can't actually do that there is only two ways that you can do something similar. One is to use apk files and put them on your phones usb storage then go into a files explorer or apk installer to install them. The other thing is the online android market https://market.android.com/ which will allow you to download apps directly to your phone, you chose them on your computer and as soon as your phone is connected to the internet the download will start.
    Thank you for the reply. I created a folder in Nexus S and downloaded the apk files there. When I use my computer, I see only 4 folders of Nexus S, thus USB Storage is not visibile or at least I don't know it is located.
    By using pc' s windows file explorer I can see the apps I downloaded inside Nexus S in apk format but don't know how to make them work. Those downloaded files are somewhere in the phone and I can not see them to activate them. Any idea?

Ok my bad I was not clear last time. When I said you need to put them on the USB storage that just means the storage that is accessible by the computer because without going into to much detail there is only some things on the phone you can see. Now you need to put the apk files anywhere in there.

Now when I said a file explorer I meant on the phone, one that you downloaded from the market like for example estrong (ES file explorer) or astro. Then from in the files explorer tap the apk and it will do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok my bad I was not clear last time. When I said you need to put them on the USB storage that just means the storage that is accessible by the computer because without going into to much detail there is only some things on the phone you can see. Now you need to put the apk files anywhere in there.

Now when I said a file explorer I meant on the phone, one that you downloaded from the market like for example estrong (ES file explorer) or astro. Then from in the files explorer tap the apk and it will do the rest.
    I downloaded the apk files to one of the visible folders in Nexus S using the Windows file explorer. Now that check telephone 's folders, I can not find any of them. Any solutions for this?

You need to go to Market and get yourself a decent File Explorer app, like Astro and/or ES File Explorer. Open it up, and type the filename in the search bar, and the .apk's will be located. If you have 'unknown sources' checked in Settings->Applications, you can simply use the File Explorer's App Installer/Manager to install these .apks.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    You need to go to Market and get yourself a decent File Explorer app, like Astro and/or ES File Explorer. Open it up, and type the filename in the search bar, and the .apk's will be located. If you have 'unknown sources' checked in Settings->Applications, you can simply use the File Explorer's App Installer/Manager to install these .apks.
    Thank you Alphawave7
    It worked perfectly. What a joy!

Wink Apps Installaltion

Hi

I just bought Nexus S phone. I tried to install Apps from
    https://market.android.com but unable to download anything. The website shows Apps Installed but I am unable to find Apps on my phone.

Please provide steps to install Android Apps on Nexus S phone

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links