updating individual native nexus s apps?

This is a discussion on updating individual native nexus s apps? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, got a question. I have a nexus s. It updated automatically to 2.3.4 the day after I bought it. It comes with a bunch ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updating individual native nexus s apps?

updating individual native nexus s apps?

Hi, got a question.
    I have a nexus s. It updated automatically to 2.3.4 the day after I bought it.
    It comes with a bunch (not all) the native google apps. Like maps, and search, etc.
    So today there is a new update for Google Maps, but not the core OS.
    How do I get this update? There is no manual way to do it from the phone. Do I have to wait for an update? I assume the market wont tell me there is an update since it doesnt even know I have it (it doesnt say "installed')
    What is the proper way to manage individual native app updates?
    thanks.
    -gk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried downloading from the Market?

No, i haven't tried...I wanted to see if there is a "native" way to do it. Requiring me to REdownload them from the market is a bit unintuitive. I assumed google thought this one out.
    Maybe not....anybody out there know the official answer?
    thanks.

The market is what you use to update the native apps as well as the other apps you have downloaded from the market.

So I have to go to the market and re-download each of the native apps so that the market is now aware i have them? seems odd, but I will try.
    thanks.

The Native apps are side loaded onto the device when the firmware is flashed, the market at this point is not activated and so has no idea what is on the phone and what is not. Once you buy and activate the phone via Gmail account the market activates and from that point now detects apps installed wither through its market or side loaded.

Its almost like me slipping something into your pocket when you are not looking, how are you supposed to know that it is there?
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Native apps most of the time will have automatic update ON so you don't have to do anything. Market constantly keeps checking your version of app and it will either update application or will give you a message that updates are available.

Hi again. So I checked. According to the market the sideloaded apps where not installed. So i clicked on install. Now the market says they are installed, yet doesnt seem to be updating. Maps for example is still stuck at 5.2.1 and I believe 5.5 is out already.
    So how can I force update?
    thanks.

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall...

thanks for the suggestion, but I dont see how to uninstall the maps application. All others have an uninstall option. Maps, doesnt.
    anything else i can try?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links