WiFi sleep policy, battery, what's your setting

This is a discussion on WiFi sleep policy, battery, what's your setting within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi guys! I have a Nexus S on T-Mobile. I have it configured to use WiFi, and was wondering if I can loose lots of ...

Thread: WiFi sleep policy, battery, what's your setting

Question WiFi sleep policy, battery, what's your setting

Hi guys!
    I have a Nexus S on T-Mobile. I have it configured to use WiFi, and was wondering if I can loose lots of juice from my battery by leaving the WiFi on while the phone sleeps.

Another issue I'm having is when sending a large email (lots of pics attached). It keeps it in Outbox for a long time with a red "Sending..." mark on it. I think the whole going to sleep and loosing WiFi was killing the sending process.

Anyways, what is your advice on the WiFi sleep policy and battery usage? BTW, I do keep the controls widget on one of my home screens and I usually turn the wifi off when I know I'm outside of my home WiFi's range.

Thanks!
    Martin

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From some strange quirk, I believe you actually get better battery life setting the wifi policy to never sleep...

It is but I just choose turning it complete off when I'm not at home that save bunch of batt

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links