Power Button Issues

This is a discussion on Power Button Issues within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I've incurred some serious water damage to my Nexus S and since then have dried it and successfully gotten it working again, everything except ...

Thread: Power Button Issues

Power Button Issues

Hi, I've incurred some serious water damage to my Nexus S and since then have dried it and successfully gotten it working again, everything except the power button.

I've used the phone for a while without the power button (using anyUnlock). I have had to remove the battery to power off but did so without completely discharging the battery and now I cannot turn it back on (plugging in power only shows battery recharging symbol, doesnt reboot).

I've looked for ways to discharge the battery completely without the phone, but dont have the equipment.

Is there any way to boot the Nexus S without the power button? I know i can do it with a discharged battery but any way to do it with a charged one?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Follow up

Just to provide more information, the local phone repair guy has said that one of the IC's for the power button is damaged

A GENUINE SOLUTION TO THE POWER BUTTON PROBLEM.

This app simply saved my Nexus One. The power button was beginning to fail and a repair would have cost far too much.

It's kept working OK for a while now. No need to use the Power button again This is the only App I could not live without.

Simple to use, VOL+ to turn on and confirm by the back key. Turn off with icon or at timeout. IT JUST WORKS! I had no trouble with installation, but if you do, just stick at it. You never need to use the Power button again.

Download from marketplace:
    https://market.android.com/details?i...il.fixbrokenpb

Quote Originally Posted by momsad View Post
    Hi, I've incurred some serious water damage to my Nexus S and since then have dried it and successfully gotten it working again, everything except the power button.

I've used the phone for a while without the power button (using anyUnlock). I have had to remove the battery to power off but did so without completely discharging the battery and now I cannot turn it back on (plugging in power only shows battery recharging symbol, doesnt reboot).

I've looked for ways to discharge the battery completely without the phone, but dont have the equipment.

Is there any way to boot the Nexus S without the power button? I know i can do it with a discharged battery but any way to do it with a charged one?

Thanks
    On the nexus one you can fool it into turning on, by plugging the phone into the usb attached to your computer. Then pull the battery. When the charging light goes off, reinsert the battery. If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. Sometimes it takes me up to ten times to get my N1 turned back on.

Since the S is a Sammy phone, the circuitry may not work the same, but it's worth a try.

Also check out xda forums. I'll bet someone over their has figured out a way to turn the phone on w/o a power button.

Thanks i tried to start it like the nexus one but no dice... I've given up with the power button since it cant be fixed, I'm now looking for a replacement mainboard which I cant seem to find ANYWHERE

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links