External speaker not working!!

This is a discussion on External speaker not working!! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Around 2 week ago i was listening to music on my Nexus S through the speaker when it went all crackley and went off and ...

Thread: External speaker not working!!

External speaker not working!!

Around 2 week ago i was listening to music on my Nexus S through the speaker when it went all crackley and went off and now i can't play any sounds from my phone including ringtones and alarms unless i have my earphones plugged in.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to solve it.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Ttery pulling the battery cover off your phone and applying a little pressure to the speaker. Maybe it came loose, or has a loose connection...

okay, I had the exact same problem. My speaker suddenly stopped working even though the ear phone plugin was still working good. I also found that sometime the sound came back but it is very weak, barely audible. and then it would disappear again. What I did to fix the problem is to open up the N1, disassemble instruction is on youtube. Open the the 3 screws to remove the board with the attached speaker from the main board. clean up the speaker attachment surface really good. Then reassemble the backboard and its speaker together. Then the sound came back loud and strong.

My guess is that the contact of the speaker could get dirty and limit the electric supply to the speaker hence it didn't work properly. By cleaning the surface I helped to get the current going again and the sound came back. Hope that this could help someone since this problem had driven me insane for a while.

Ads