Apps not closing or opening on their own?

This is a discussion on Apps not closing or opening on their own? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; OK, another issue.. Again, coming from the Pre environment, when I open an app, when I slide that app/card away, the app closes. On this ...

Thread: Apps not closing or opening on their own?

Apps not closing or opening on their own?

OK, another issue..

Again, coming from the Pre environment, when I open an app, when I slide that app/card away, the app closes.

On this Nexus s, or I guess Android in general, how do you CLOSE apps, when you are done using them?

Our son recommended "Advanced App Killer" which I guess is ok, but doesnt seem to close everything, and some apps just seem to open themselves.

Repeat offenders seem to be Pandora, and Qik Video.. some others too..

Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ya just leave it be android has it's own task management system so you don't need to worry about closing apps. It will judge weather the app is wasting battery or not and if it is not then it will just leave it running and when it says running it could just mean it's sitting in RAM doing nothing and if it needs more RAM it will kill the app but it takes more battery to kill the app then it does to just let it sit in RAM which is why most people don't run a task killer.

Pandora will keep playing unless you shut it down. Most apps will close if you just keep pressing the back button, but with Pandora you have to use the menu then select quit...

Dude is right about the task manager though - bad for the system, and bad for the battery...

Wow interesting

As far as Pandora, its not playing, but appears in the task list.

So are you (both) basically saying to NOT use that app, called advanced app killer? Because it will use more resourses and battery, then just leaving android to manage it?

And also, as a general thing, the back button issues a close command to most apps? What about this Qik Video? That one also keeps appearing in the list?

If thats the case, what IS the purpose for the app? Other than so my son thinks he is so clever to have turned us on to it?

Yes. Do not use a task manager to kill background tasks. You can use it to kill problematic tasks that are hanging, but that's about it...

Basically, android keeps talks running at a low level for a number of reasons, and if you kill them, android will just open them again. This uses power, from both killing and reopening. You may notice a slight initial performance increase from killing tasks (as you free up some memory), but in the long run, you are fighting the system...

Can you give me an example of what a problematic app would be, that would be appropriate to kill with a task manager?

Thanks for all your help...

Basically, a frozen and non-responsive one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links