Saving apps to the phone from a computer

This is a discussion on Saving apps to the phone from a computer within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well that was easy, installed and works perfectly? Guess I should not have bought the Pro version? Sheesh ! I can see all the folders ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Saving apps to the phone from a computer

Well that was easy, installed and works perfectly? Guess I should not have bought the Pro version? Sheesh ! I can see all the folders etc now !!
    Many thanks for all you effort and tenacity, it's much appreciated !!
    All the Best !!

Glad you got it and ask any time on operating tips, just takes time.

Do recommend MyBackUP Pro as mentioned and also backing up sdcard to pc

One thought on Pro version not working: Sometimes you need to get the free app then buy the Pro app which is only the Liscense Key

You may just have installed the Liscesne key and without the free version there was actually no app installed--ask developer about it

No, I checked--you did buy only the key--verify it by going to market and tapping on the 3.99 Astro app--it will say key version

So, if you have the free app and the key on phone you have the paid version

Try to get all apps thru market not web

Good Luck

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You've been a great help, everything is making sense now, and I will use the phone as per your instructions. I was foolish to think it was better to use the pc and then transfer. I now realize that Astro wants a download and install of the free app, after running the app once, it goes back out to find my purchase and offers it as a further install. That is the correct order as you deduced !!
    I've been a firm believer in back ups for over 20 years on pc's, kept things running smoothly on all our machines and no lost data. I reload op systems from an image to get a fresh start on tired machines. That's how I originally learned drive navigation and stumbled while trying to load an Android phone !! In my mind, if I had the app stored on the pc, and something went wrong on the phone, I could get it back with a USB cord, anytime.
    Will get the apps you recommend, and start storing images, if that's what they are, right away.
    Thanks for the patience with my ignorance and staying with the issue.

Take Care,
    Albie

Your quite welcome

MyBackUp Pro will do data and apps, two separate backups to sdcard

If you do get it and use it the the actual backup is on the sdcard under "rerware" folder, you could just drag it to pc if you don't want whole sd card. I do my sd card fairly often since I am rooted and get into trouble a lot and lose my sd card mounting ability or my sdext

When you are proficient with the phone, look into rooting. The N1 was made for it and once rooted you can do full image backups like Acronis for pc's and use Titanium Backup for apps. All very good. If you hear the term Nandroid, it is just Android term for a full image backup

An example of rooting is I have a "rom", a hacked/ported OS, from the Desire HD that runs Sense 3.0. In essence my phone runs and looks like a Desire runninng Sense. Also, the developers port upgrades like Gingerbread much faster to the phone than Google does. I was running Froyo then Gingerbread long before it was released to the public.

Sorry for going on there, but this is a great, versatile phone. Only bad spot is an iffy touchscreen on occasion where touches won't register correctly. If you get that, just reboot.

Enjoy

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Beauty: I learned so much during this exercise !! Can you imagine what it was like trying to see an SD folder without a file manager,,,, I must have sounded like an idiot! And that Astro pro image,, it looked like a duck,, walked like a duck,, well sort of:rofl3:
    I have used xxclone for years, it'll be great fun to try it here once I get the apps up.
    I'm closing in on the meaning of rooting now, this is closer to Linux OS than anything else I've used.
    Talk to you sometime,,,

regards,

Enjoy the phone

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

No problem it happens that people aren't sure exactly how everything works and that is what we are here for. Android has a little bit of a learning curve but you get used to it fast.

If you want to learn about rooting then I would go checkout the development and hacking section you will learn everything from how to get it to what you can use it for.

See ya around the forum

We will be getting help from Shamal in a couple months Dude

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeah,,,, once his son comes home after school and after reading these posts today, and realizes what an SDcard is and still has the image of dad opening his phone up a few times to look inside for an SD card ,, and takes 3 days to stop laughing !! :rofl3:
    On a good note, I can see we are going to be turning these things into virtual glass cockpits for pilots, replacing thousands of dollars of electronics that would need to be put in a plane to do what this little gizmo can, with a little help from an industrious and motivated community of private and professional pilots, writing apps in their spare time !!

Very True,

One add-on to rooting is you get to dl an app called root explorer, which will allow you to get right into the phones system/file structure
    Kinda like getting into the linux on a max and re-writing the OS

Fun, but very dangerous without those pre-backups we talked about

Don't get too excited too soon, it is fun and exasperating at the same time

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links