Saving apps to the phone from a computer

This is a discussion on Saving apps to the phone from a computer within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I cannot locate files ( apps ) I've saved to my phone from my computer via the USB cable? Can someone direct me to information ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving apps to the phone from a computer

Saving apps to the phone from a computer

I cannot locate files ( apps ) I've saved to my phone from my computer via the USB cable? Can someone direct me to information on data and file storage. Files go the other way easily.
    Thank you for your help,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do you mean apps that you have installed, our apps that you have backed up to the SD?

If I understand you, you need a file manager program like Linda Manager from Market. Then you can browse with it to the folders you put the apps/files into from your computer.

There are other File Manager apps like Astro and ES File Mgr, I still like Linda Manager
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thank you!

Thanks for both replies. That is exactly what I was looking for; I now realize i need a program to manage files, and I guess I can create folders etc to organize things. I'm pretty good with computers, but this is a whole new world!

Your welcome, just takes time

The advantage of Astro is that it shows md5 info under details whereas Linda won't. Good for checking for bad dl's. Linda is smoother or I have just gotten use to it.

Back your sd card up regularly, it will get botched on occasion if you are flashing roms
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I have not found this card yet, I can find the files etc on the phones drive, but I have not seen a card anywhere?

What file manager program are you using

I just open Linda Manager and it lists

My Phone
    SD Card (Tap on SD Card and it will list it's folders/files/zips etc--whatever you put on it)
    Downloads
    Gallery

etc

You need to download a File Manager from the Market--Recommend Linda to start

If you install Astro it opens right to SD Card

You will see at top of screen /sdcard

I assume you are copying your stuff from pc to sd card thru usb cable as mentioned

This is a little differnet than pc xfers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thank for your reply: I was using my computer to go into the phones directory.
    Thank you for your help on this, I just bought and loaded the Astro program now, and I can find it under apps in the settings, but I have no clue as to how to open it. There is no icon in the main programs window?

You can tap on your small app drawer icon in bottom dock of phone screen and find it alphabetically. Then tap on it and open

Or, to put it in Homescreen--longpress on screen were you want it and select shortcuts/applications and tap on it. It will now be on your homescreen.

When open you can browse all items on the sdcard and then tap on a folder to see inside then longpress on item to see your options

Make sure you have sdcard backup before playing around too much

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Gotta call it a nite--backups are key here just like Acronis bu's on a pc

Don't know if you are rooted--if so do a nandroid of phone asap if not get MyBackUp Pro from market and backup with it. It is not an image backup, but as good as you get not being rooted. If you use google for contacts/mail no need to bu them. They'll be restored when you sign back in after a phone issue with lost data etc

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links