Nexus S connectivity problem - ATT version

This is a discussion on Nexus S connectivity problem - ATT version within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I have a Nexus 1 PB99110 AT&T version phone, V2.3.4, using it since Dec '10. Recently, I started having lots of trouble with no ...

Thread: Nexus S connectivity problem - ATT version

Unhappy Nexus S connectivity problem - ATT version

Hi,

I have a Nexus 1 PB99110 AT&T version phone, V2.3.4, using it since Dec '10. Recently, I started having lots of trouble with no signal or data connectivity. The Cellular Signal and 2G/3G data icons will constantly change from green to white to gone to no service to emergency calls only, back to all green, etc. this has started happening over this weekend and I didn't make any known changes to the phone. I have uninstalled the last few apps I installed from the Android Market; which was about a week before the problems started, which has not helped. I use the phone both in the USA on ATT and in Bermuda on M3 Wireless (cellone). The problem is happening on both networks.

UPDATE: The problem is also related to answering or dialing a phone call. ie.. The 2G and Cell signals will be green and 4-5 bars, when I answer or dial out a number the data icon drops out and the bars turn white. The call quality is poor and the call drops out after a short period of time.

Can anyone provide some guidance on what this problem is or how to troubleshoot the cause further.

Thanks in advance!
    J

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

To clear something out, the green and gray/white, green means your connected to google sever (so you can use market, sync gmail, etc.) and the gray/white means you don't you only have connection to the internet. Now for your connection problem have you contacted your provider to make sure they aren't making changes to the towers in your area.

Thanks for the reply. I am currently in the Caribbean and unfortunately I would never get a straight answer if I were to call the provider and ask. It would be a big coincidence though as the problem started in Colorado, USA and is also happening in Bermuda on different SIM cards and different providers.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links