Battery wont charge beyond 94%...Help!

This is a discussion on Battery wont charge beyond 94%...Help! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought my Nexus S 3 days back. On the 1st day I drained the battery and put it to charging in the night..After 3.5 ...

Thread: Battery wont charge beyond 94%...Help!

Unhappy Battery wont charge beyond 94%...Help!

I bought my Nexus S 3 days back.
    On the 1st day I drained the battery and put it to charging in the night..After 3.5 hours of charging,it reached 94% and stopped charging.
    The Batter Status said 'Fully Charged' and Battery Level was 94%.

This situation repeats itself every time I have been putting it to charge.
    My phone somehow just doesn't go up to a 100% charge.
    I also installed the 2.3.4 Gingerbread OTA update that was available and its still the same..:-(
    I'm freaking out here...Should I ask for an exchange from the dealer or the Samsung service center?
    Please help me out...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just call htc, tell them you have a faulty battery, they should send you a replacement battery at no cost. (Thats what I did)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

But I read somewhere its a bug in the phone...Anybody out here facing the same issue?
    Coz when I stop charging at 94,switch charging on again,it goes to a 95 and then shows Fully Charged...
    Is this a faulty phone..coz from what I'm reading everywhere,I feel I made a mistake buying this over the Galaxy S....

I too am having same problem. max 95% on the battery and it shows fully charged

Where are you from?
    have you called Samsung yet for a replacement or sumthing?

I thought it was htc nexus one. D'oh ! lol my bad hehe

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Are you using the Alarm Clock 2 app? When using that my Nexus S goes 94% max, when switched off it goes to 100%

@ Ipeck : No problem man..Thanks for your prompt reply!

@ thesteve : Nope,I dont have the alarm clock app installed...
    This problem was there since day 1,when I tried charging it for the 1st time...

Hi Karan89,

it is a default system setting set by the phone itself, the battery will not charge over 95% in order to protect ur battery life.

The time at which the battery stays at [maximum charge] should be as short as possible. Prolonged high voltage promotes corrosion, especially at elevated temperatures. [Source: Battery University]

Yup once the battery reaches full capacity the charger stops (to avoid undue wear on the battery). The battery will discharge down to ~90% before the charger kicks in again.

On Nexus One we were able to run off of wall power once the battery was charged, significantly reducing the speed at which the battery discharged once full, and improving the chances of it being 99-100% when you took it off the charger. Nexus S has a different charge circuit configuration which does not allow it to operate in this mode. [Source: Xda-Developers]

In addition, u will not have to worry about unplugging the charger whenever the battery reaches the full capacity, as Nexus S battery configuration will automatically stop the current when the battery is above 95%, and will only charge again if you use it below 90%.

hey Ringdove,

ya i also have the exact same issue!!!......but wat i tried was enabling the "keep the screen awake while charging".....by doing so the phone charges upto 98% n sometime even 100%...... hope this helps other who are using nexus s wit the same issue!!! ....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links