No YouTube App

This is a discussion on No YouTube App within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, I recently made the switch from my Nexus One to a Nexus S. All my apps were downloaded and installed as per my N1, ...

Thread: No YouTube App

No YouTube App

Hello,

I recently made the switch from my Nexus One to a Nexus S.

All my apps were downloaded and installed as per my N1, the app store shows that I have Youtube installed, yet I can not open it, nor does it show availble in my applications.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check your app manager and see if you can see the app from there. If you can, see if you can delete the app, or uninstall it.

If it's not there, try deleting data from Google Services Framework and the cache from Market...

It shows in the App Manager, but it does not allow me to do anything with it.

I seem to remember someone else having this issue recently, but can't seem to recall what the fix was.

I'll see if I can find something...

Thanks danger-rat!

I followed the steps and got it working again!

Here is how I fixed my YouTube App

First go into the phone settings and look at the Applications settings screen. Check the box to "allow installing software from unknown sources"

Make sure you download and install a file manager program from the Android Market. I used ASTRO.

Fire up ASTRO and go to the folder /system/app

Click on the YouTube apk and then reinstall.

This is the only way I found to force a reinstall if the android market is greyed out.

Once it works go back to the applications settings screen and uncheck the "allow installing software from unknown sources" to protect your phone from non-approved app install.

This worked for me on my Nexus S (Rogers Version) android 2.3.3

Rix

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links