NexuS s iSSueS

This is a discussion on NexuS s iSSueS within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey Hello everyOne My friend has just bought Nexus S & its such a wonderFul fone i m literally hooked to it. i Myself m ...

Thread: NexuS s iSSueS

NexuS s iSSueS

Hey Hello everyOne

My friend has just bought Nexus S & its such a wonderFul fone i m literally hooked to it.
    i Myself m Thinking of buying one

I have some question regarding this nexuS s.

1. What is the difference between kernel & mods {eg. cyanogen, oxygen, etc}
    2. i Have heard from someOne that out of 512mb Ram only 200mb is useFul rest is used by GPU.But it has a dedicated GPU, so why its using Phones RAM ??
    3. Browser is lagging is there a solution for this ??
    4. Do rooting & installing diff. mods/kernel void warranty ? & can this warranty be got back after we install stock ROM ?
    5. iS 720p recording possible through any Custom ROMS ??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dharmil007 View Post
    Hey Hello everyOne

My friend has just bought Nexus S & its such a wonderFul fone i m literally hooked to it.
    i Myself m Thinking of buying one

I have some question regarding this nexuS s.

1. What is the difference between kernel & mods {eg. cyanogen, oxygen, etc}
    2. i Have heard from someOne that out of 512mb Ram only 200mb is useFul rest is used by GPU.But it has a dedicated GPU, so why its using Phones RAM ??
    3. Browser is lagging is there a solution for this ??
    4. Do rooting & installing diff. mods/kernel void warranty ? & can this warranty be got back after we install stock ROM ?
    5. iS 720p recording possible through any Custom ROMS ??
    1) ROM's are basically re-writes of the base Android operating system, with various features added or deleted, depending on the whims of the developer.

2) The OS uses a certain amount of RAM, but in Android, idle RAM is of no benefit. The OS manages use of RAM very effectively.

3) You might try to reboot...sometimes that will speed things up a bit. You may also have a 'rogue app' taking up too much CPU. Usually, Android will shut those down after a time, but sometimes a misbehaving app will prevent that.
    4) YES. Any modification of the stock OS, or unlocking the bootloader WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Some phones offer a path to return to stock, some do not.
    5) I don't have an S, but I thought the S had 720p stock...but I could easily be wrong there.

Ok there's round one answered for ya! Welcome to the forum!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links