My smart phone is smarter than I am

This is a discussion on My smart phone is smarter than I am within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok I got my Nexus S yesterday and I'm having a heck of a time personalizing it. Here's a list of things I want to ...

Thread: My smart phone is smarter than I am

Question My smart phone is smarter than I am

Ok I got my Nexus S yesterday and I'm having a heck of a time personalizing it. Here's a list of things I want to do, but can't figure out how. I looked for a user manual, but I can only find a user guide that is very very basic.

1. download ringers for my notifications & Alarms specificly (I figured for the phone ringtones)

2. Assign ringtones for specific contacts (previous phones you just edit the contact and apply a ringer)

3. Change my home page (when you hit the little house it takes me to the page with the google search bar...I want my main page to be the one before that.

Also I would like to know if anyone has a specific app they would recomend for photo editing.

Thanks

P.S. Please dumb it down for me if ya could when you explain how to do these things, I'm so overwelmed with my new phone. I though I was pretty good with phones and computers, but I am so lost with this one.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by SSHaze View Post
    1. download ringers for my notifications & Alarms specificly (I figured for the phone ringtones)
    Connect your PC's USB to your Phone. Use your PC to go to media\audio\alarms or media\audio\alarms. Copy the files into there.

Here are the things that could go wrong.
    • Your Win 7 PC doesn't find all of the correct drivers. This probably means on your phone you need to go to Settings - Applications - Development - and uncheck USB debugging
    • Those folders might be missing, just create them.

2. Assign ringtones for specific contacts (previous phones you just edit the contact and apply a ringer)
    Haven't figured this one out either.

3. Change my home page (when you hit the little house it takes me to the page with the google search bar...I want my main page to be the one before that.
    No clue. Don't even know what you want to do.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

2. Go to the contact you want to assign a ringer press menu options then set a ringtone from there.

3. you can't with the stock launcher you need either adw or launcher pro (possibly others but I don't know). But I since that screen is in the middle I would keep that one and just move all your stuff over (long press on the item then hold it along side the edge of the phone and it should swap to the next page over then drop it where you want it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links