Battery Problems...

This is a discussion on Battery Problems... within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; So the other day my battery life went to crap! I thought it was just because I was out camping and the signal was just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Problems...

Battery Problems...

So the other day my battery life went to crap! I thought it was just because I was out camping and the signal was just a little iffy... but after getting back home I still have the problem. I charge my phone over night says 100% in the morning and with making 1 call my phone is dead by lunch time. I'm not doing anything out of the norm either. Usually I can go all day with playing some games and actually using my phone and still have 20% or so left at about 10 or 11 at night.

My phone is rooted so I went and cleared out the battery stats and that didn't help. So I restored my phone back to a backup from earlier this month. I'm at 76% now and took it off the charger less than 2 hours ago. Only checked my twitter on it this morning. Any suggestions? Or should I just look for a new battery now?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would download an app to check battery health, and perhaps also check your battery stats to see what is using the battery - worth a try, before you spring for a new battery...

I downloaded Battery Monitor Widget https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

It said my battery was good. I checked what is using the most and 53% is the display, but the display has been off most of the time... I read somewhere that sometimes if you yank the battery while the phone is on sometimes that resets something somewhere... Not sure if it's true or not, but I figured I would give it a try, figured it wouldn't hurt. So when it booted back up it was at 67% and stayed there for about 5 minutes before dropping a percent.

My screen is usually over 80%.
    What else is using your battery?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    My screen is usually over 80%.
    What else is using your battery?
    Here's a screenshot of what's being used.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nothing looks obviously problematic, so I would just run with it for a few days and see how it goes. I know when T-Mo did some network upgrades there was a lot of people complaining about high battery drain...

I'll just go with it for a couple days, I might try to borrow my sisters battery since we have the same phone and see if that makes a difference just to rule out my battery. Thanks for the help!

Still having problems... I've tried a different battery and that didn't make any difference. I reset back to factory defaults and still didn't make a difference. Then I updated to 2.3.6 and it still didn't make a difference. So I decided to do another factory reset and well you guessed it, still no difference...

I'm really bummed out that I have to go to work and plug my phone in right away so I know the battery won't die on me in the middle of the day. I'm starting to think that something got screwed up in my phone causing it to eat the battery life up. Guess I could call Samsung, but then I would be without a phone if I had to send it in...

Maybe its giving bad data, just saying its dead when it isn't really. Have you tried letting it run down completely?

I've cleared the battery stats and that didn't help either. Last night I ran it down all the way and it didn't make a difference. But when I did that I had to pull the battery out for a couple seconds and put it back in before it would even start to charge. So it's going with the bad hardware theory... Maybe I can get Best Buy to exchange it for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links