Nexus S i9020 SPHD720KIT - GSM 3G frequencies

This is a discussion on Nexus S i9020 SPHD720KIT - GSM 3G frequencies within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, Thanks for looking. I just purchased this phone and waiting for it to arrive. I tried to research which GSM frequencies this particular model ...

Thread: Nexus S i9020 SPHD720KIT - GSM 3G frequencies

Question Nexus S i9020 SPHD720KIT - GSM 3G frequencies

Hi,

Thanks for looking. I just purchased this phone and waiting for it to arrive. I tried to research which GSM frequencies this particular model operates in for the 3g protocol (HSDPA) and found multiple different answers. I was hoping someone here who is a bit more professional could shed some light on this and maybe even quote a source.

More particularly, the main question here is will it operate on my carrier's band for 3G. My carrier's (Fido Solutions / Rogers Wireless) 3G frequencies are 850MHz and 1900MHz:
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fido_Solutions"]Fido Solutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_Wireless"]Rogers Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Regards,

E.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anyone????

Rogers is the same as AT&T with their frequencies. So the i9020a is the one that you want. Here's some info on the model numbers I found over on somebody's post on xda.

WHICH DEVICE IS WHICH?

I9020T - The original Nexus S. Works on T-Mobile in the US and other carriers around the world. Has 1700/2100 3G bands.
    Most recent version: Android 2.3.6/Build GRK39F

I9020A - Works on AT&T in the US and other carriers around the world. Has 1900/2100 3G bands.

I9023 - European version with Super-Clear LCD screen, otherwise exactly the same as I9020T.

D720 - The Nexus S 4G on Sprint
    Most recent version: Android 2.3.7/Build GWK74

M200 - Korean variant.
    Most recent version: Android 2.3.4/Build GRJ22

Hey Snickolaz,

Thanks very much for the reply! So out of curiosity, I know that the i9020A will work, but which other variants will work as well for Fido/Rogers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Rogers is the same as AT&T with their frequencies. So the i9020a is the one that you want. Here's some info on the model numbers I found over on somebody's post on xda.

WHICH DEVICE IS WHICH?

I9020T - The original Nexus S. Works on T-Mobile in the US and other carriers around the world. Has 1700/2100 3G bands.

I9020A - Works on AT&T in the US and other carriers around the world. Has 1900/2100 3G bands.

I9023 - European version with Super-Clear LCD screen, otherwise exactly the same as I9020T.

D720 - The Nexus S 4G on Sprint
    Most recent version: Android 2.3.7/Build GWK74

M200 - Korean variant.
    Most recent version: Android 2.3.4/Build GRJ22

I believe the i9020A is the only one that will work with 3G. As for just working in general I'm not sure on that.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links