Brand new Nexus user and I've got some questions.

This is a discussion on Brand new Nexus user and I've got some questions. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all. First question- My email notification is the same sound as my text notification. I have a Comcast email account and I can't find ...

Thread: Brand new Nexus user and I've got some questions.

Brand new Nexus user and I've got some questions.

Hello all.

First question- My email notification is the same sound as my text notification. I have a Comcast email account and I can't find any way to change this.

Second- My calendar notification is the same as my text notification. I can't find any way to change this either.

Third- When I'm writing a long text message and I get to the point that I've reached the maximum amount of characters that message can hold, the phone just won't let me type anymore. With my old phone I just kept typing and it would automatically divide the message up into two or three messages and then send them all. It seems with the Nexus I have to send the incomplete message and then start a whole new message to finish what I'm writing. Is there any way to remedy this?

I have had this phone for only 2 days now and it was bought brand new. Sometimes I have issues with the keyboard not coming up when I go to reply to a text. I touch on the little "Type to compose" screen and there will occasionally be a delay, or it won't come up at all. Then if it does come up and there was a delay I start to type and nothing appears in the message screen above the keyboard. If I back out of the message you can see what I was typing in the thread as a draft. I re-enter the message and try again and again it doesn't register in the message that I can see, but again if I back out it will be in the draft. I shut down the phone and it seems to solve the problem for a while. I've had to do this twice already.

Thank you all.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1) Go in the email app press menu -> account settings -> select ringtone then pick the one you want.

2)Same principal calender app press menu button -> more -> settings -> select ringtone then pick the one you want.

3) For this one I'm not sure maybe if you try a different sms app like handcent sms or something but other than that I don't know.

The calendar is OK now, thank you for that.

I still can't change the email one however. If I go into the email app it asks for an email address and password. If I enter my Comcast email and password it doesn't work. I then tried to enter what I think is my Gmail address and password (I'm not sure, I don't use it) and that doesn't work either. If I go into my Comcast email app and hit menu it does nothing.

Well I don't know anything about Comcast but you need the account to work with pop3 if it doesn't then it may not work with the native email app. As far as the Comcast specific app I also don't know anything about it but look for a settings screen somewhere it should be in there.

And at worse you could always change your default rigntone which would change the one for the Comcast mail app and then change the sound in the sms app (same way as with the calendar).

Use the Gmail app for Gmail and the Email app for Comcast.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links