Cant edit "me" picture, unknown phone number???

This is a discussion on Cant edit "me" picture, unknown phone number??? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all I have a nexus S phone, and my carrier is telus When i text people, theres a grey box for my "me" picture ...

Thread: Cant edit "me" picture, unknown phone number???

Exclamation Cant edit "me" picture, unknown phone number???

Hi all

I have a nexus S phone, and my carrier is telus

When i text people, theres a grey box for my "me" picture and i cant seem to edit that. When i check under phoe settings, "about phone", and "my phone number", it says my phone number is unknown

Now before you say anything, I have viewed an old topic pertaining to this problem here: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...t-photo-2.html

I did exactly as they said. i first went on my computer and set a profile picture to my google accounts, this did nothing for my phone, it still shows a grey box

next i tried "reprograming" the sim card or w.e. I took the sim card and put it into an old phone. This old phone happens to be a Sony Ericsson W300. Its my fathers old phone, and it was bought from a fido store years back.

Anyway, when i put the sim card into the sony phone, a message appears that says: "Insert Correct SIM card", and when i push the end button, it takes me to a screen that says "emergency call" with a little lock icon below it, and lets me put in only numbers.

What do i do from here?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nevermind, Ive solved the problem!!!

If anyone is wondering, the old phones were carrier locked, so you could not put in sim cards from different carriers

I went to the telus store, asked to replace the sim card. This apparently did not work, my phone number was still unknown. The person there played with it a bit, and suddenly the phone number started appearing under "about phone".

Im not entirely sure how she did it, she's not even sure. So who knows, maybe it was a bad sim card

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links