Upgraded to ICS 4.0.3, Now nexus s not working

This is a discussion on Upgraded to ICS 4.0.3, Now nexus s not working within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I recently upgraded my nexus s to ICS 4.0.3. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when the battery would only charge ...

Thread: Upgraded to ICS 4.0.3, Now nexus s not working

Unhappy Upgraded to ICS 4.0.3, Now nexus s not working

I recently upgraded my nexus s to ICS 4.0.3. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when the battery would only charge to 50% and now today it was on charge but it was discharging instead...... battery ran dead now i cant charge it at all or turn it on? Please someone help me!!!! :killerkenny:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Factory Rebbot

You're good, just do a Factory Reset. Save your pics and music just incase but everything else, apps included, will instantly re-download and you should be good to go. Sometimes the upgrade just doesn't"take".:nexusx:

Question New to this phone!!!!

Hi, i don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a question regarding how you were able to upgrade to the 4.0.3 ICS. I am interested in doing this as well but I am not sure how to go about it??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My nexus s is I9020A
    build: GRK39F

Cheers :nexusx:

Question How to upgrade to ICS?????

anyone have a guide or tutorial on the process to upgrade to the new ICS.
    Cheers :nexusx:

i don't have an S

but, i have seen plenty of videos on google
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

If you are rooted and have a custom recovery it's really easy to get ICS. I found an image on XDA somewhere that had 4.0.3 OTA and they stripped the radio and bootloader out of the image so you could install it and not screw up the I9020A phones. But I can't find a link back to that exact same image. So here's one that's just like it if you want to give it a try.

◄ ▌[ROM][IML74K][i9020T,i9020A,i9023] Brainmaster's Stock ICS 4.0.3 ▌► - xda-developers

Just remember to use the one without the radio and bootloader so you don't screw up your cell reception. If you do, you can always flash the correct radio and bootloader back and your phone will be fine again.

Just a word of caution

If you are not adept at flashing radios, you can easily brick your phone

Checking md5's is a must
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I am very new to all of this. That is why I was requesting a tutorial. That is also why I am doing all the reading I can to find the right way to update it.. The last thing i want to do is brick my phone. Any more suggestions??? Has anyone heard anynews about the OTA release?

As I mentioned, it is all over web--just search and review some links and enjoy--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

When you're flashing any rom (except for an update to current ROM, then just wipe cache, and dalvic) wipe data, cache, and dalvic. If you don't it could lead to problems later as well as a bootloop.
    Nexus One (Bricked) SOLD
    Nook Color (CM9 KANGS) SOLD
    iPod Touch 2G (Jailbroken w/ GreenPoison) SOLD
    Samsung Vibrant (CM10 Nightlies) SOLD
    HTC Sensation 4G (CM10 Kangs) SOLD
    Nexus S (i9020T) (CM10 Nightlies)
    Playstation Vita PCH 1004 (STOCK FW)
    Nexus 7 (CM10 Nightlies)
    Nexus 4: SOON!
    #team OG
    #team NEXUS
    #team GALAXYS