Water Damage - Red lines on screen

This is a discussion on Water Damage - Red lines on screen within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; My Nexus S was submerged in water for a few minutes. Within an hour, I placed it in a Ziploc bag filled with rice and ...

Thread: Water Damage - Red lines on screen

Unhappy Water Damage - Red lines on screen

My Nexus S was submerged in water for a few minutes. Within an hour, I placed it in a Ziploc bag filled with rice and let it sit for 48 hours under a warm desk lamp.

I tested the device just now. Almost everything on the phone seems to be working fine: WiFi, sound, soft keys, etc. However, the screen has thin red lines that look like splotchy clouds.

Before, the ICS WiFi icon was gray when initializing, but now it looks orange when first connecting to my router. Also, any image in my Gallery that has red seems to 'glitter' with faint red lines. The default ICS wallpaper with chroma/rainbow colors looks particularly bad on the red side.

Might sticking my phone back into the rice for more days fix this issue or this is permanent screen damage?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why was it under the water for so long? I'm not so sure about this so I'm going to ask anyway: Are those phones supposed to be water proof? It just seems like so much for something that wouldn't even work the way it was intended to. And if it wasn't meant to be waterproof, then why are you putting it in water for hours at a time?

Your phone's screen

Once water damage has occurred to that extent, it will be permanent! Sorry about your phone, but you're lucky it still works at all. If you would have tried turning it on immediately after it was submerged, then you would have completely fried the device.

I think it should be recovered.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links