Nexus 7 Copying files from PC

This is a discussion on Nexus 7 Copying files from PC within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just bought a Google Nexus 7 and cannot for the life of me copy pdf files from my computer onto it. 2 hours of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 7 Copying files from PC

Exclamation Nexus 7 Copying files from PC

I just bought a Google Nexus 7 and cannot for the life of me copy pdf files from my computer onto it. 2 hours of Nexus helpdesk couldnt help me either. Just before I take it back I thought I would try here.

I am running Windows XP. I can see "nexus" in windows explorer and the folders listed, but I cant create new folders, rename files, or copy pdf's onto it. I wish I could have just a normal drive name like "J:" just like I can with my Kindle and Android phone.

I can open pdf's if I email them to myself and download them onto the Nexus, but that is about it. I have installed multiple pdf views and file managers. No luck.

Any help would be great. Cheers.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should really be Nexus Tablet Forum, our sister site. I'm sure you'll get some help over there! Congrats on the N7 though...I'll have mine on Monday!

Great reply. Thanks very much.

Yeah I was really excited about it, but if I cant sort out this issue, I may need to return it.

Fingers crossed...cheers!

dmd
    I realize this thread is old, so this is for anyone else browsing online...

I've been using the Dropbox app, which is a nice general resolution to getting files onto my Nexus 7. Basically, I put the files in the Dropbox folder on my computer that I want on my Nexus 7, then I open the Dropbox app on my Nexus 7, favorite the files I want to keep on my device, and this results in Dropbox saving the files to the device for later use.

This "fix" requires you to join and install Dropbox on your computer. A free Dropbox account has 2 GB of space, which is plenty for most people, and the service is pretty awesome. Basically, it requires some startup time, but you also get a really useful general service that is free.

Opening files once they're on Nexus 7

DMD,

Great tip on the dropbox idea. So I have all of my files in my dropbox and I have a Kindle app but now I can't figure out how to actually open the fileds once I've marked them 'favorite' in dropbox.

Thanks again!

dmd
    I'm glad that was helpful!

You should just need to tap on the file (left side of the bar) you'd like to open when the file has been set as one of your favorites, then it may prompt you to decide which program to open it with.

I'm sorry for being so needy here but when I click the favorite doc (the .mobi file right?) i get an error that says to download an app that can open that file...shouldn't the Kindle app kick in and open it? In theory that sounds right to me lol.

dmd
    No problem, and I wish I had the answer. I haven't tried with any mobi files, so I'm not sure what the Nexus 7 wants to open it in.

Another route is to send the mobi file to your Kindle account so you can download it through there. (I think this would work but haven't tried it myself.) Search "Kindle" on your Amazon account page, then browse there for how to email your account a file. Then send the mobi file to the appropriate email address, which you can then download in the Kindle app. Again, not 100% sure this will work, but pretty sure it will.

That worked! you email the mobi file to your @kindle.com (or @free.kindle.com) address and it sends it directly to your app. Thanks again for your help!

dmd
    Glad to hear it worked out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links