Flashing back to Gingerbread from ICS

This is a discussion on Flashing back to Gingerbread from ICS within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there! I have a Nexus S 3G phone that I really enjoyed using until I made the mistake of upgrading the OS to ICS. ...

Thread: Flashing back to Gingerbread from ICS

Flashing back to Gingerbread from ICS

Hi there! I have a Nexus S 3G phone that I really enjoyed using until I made the mistake of upgrading the OS to ICS. Now the battery life drains really quickly and I really dislike the phone.

I would like to revert back to Gingerbread. I called Samsung and they suggested I join this forum to get instructions on how to do that.

Anyone who has any insight on this, I would very much appreciate it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Flashing back...

Maybe I was too rash! It seems that when the phone upgrades, it doesn't "save" the power settings. So things I'd turned off to preserve battery life (like GPS, and extreme screen brightness...) may have been draining the power.

I've just downloaded the latest jellybean updates and have adjusted the settings back to power-saver levels (static screensaver...)

Will monitor the batter life to see what happens before crying to go back to Gingerbread.

Any further power saving tips would be appreciated. Long battery life between recharges is my top priority for the phone's performance.

I have a GS2 and would like to use my own tunes as ringtones. Does anyone know how this is done? I would appreciate a little help, thank you.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links