I Love my Nexus but i Hate the bugs :-(

This is a discussion on I Love my Nexus but i Hate the bugs :-( within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey every one my name is anthony and iam new to the forum, like I joined today lol Anyway I just wanted to share some ...

Thread: I Love my Nexus but i Hate the bugs :-(

I Love my Nexus but i Hate the bugs :-(

Hey every one my name is anthony and iam new to the forum, like I joined today lol

Anyway I just wanted to share some info on the amounts of bugs I found with my nexus s. I will list them according to updates.

Brand new. 2.3
    *Random sms
    *Screen orientation stuck in portrait or landscape until reboot
    *Random reboots in call
    *Battery dying quickly

Update 2.3.1
    *Random reboots during call
    *Random over heating ( gets supper hot)

Update 2.3.2
    *Random reboots during calls
    *Super extreme over heating
    *notification and ringtones changing randomly
    *In notifications for text email gmail etc I set it to vibrate always and it never does. Unless I get a call while on silent mode (only)
    *In gallery: images fail to load correctly or fail to load at all. Or no thumbnails after data transfer over USB
    *In music player: my playlists keep being hidden or deleted after USB data transfer.
    *While using the phone in USB Debugging mode half of my potos and videos were deleted

So I reset my phone
    problems stopped for a while until an Application crashed a few days ago
    Now my nexus has become unresponsive 3 times since then.
    Then I would have to pull the battery out ...which I really hate doing :-/

The first time it became unresponsive it started over heating again and I had to pull the battery.

The secound time was like 4 hours ago. The phone froze but did not over heat instead it closed the application. And it went back to normal, but it was really laggy so I rebooted.
    Then i tryed to resume what I was doing and it froze again this time it turned it self off again not over heating

Btw after I reset my phone Vibrate works and still does.
    The over heating stopped until that application crashed.
    Havbt had a random.in call reboot as yet.

Also both times my nexus crashed I was running Apps centered around the Android gallery.
    Eg. demotivators then tryed to view Gallery then it crashed.
    Eg. Flikie wallpapers then tryed to view gallery then crashed

Over heating usually happen when running facebook for Android and the browser or google earth, or weather and news app via widgets...pretty much any heavy Apps and some times games.

Its never the battery over heating its alway the screen area which leads me to believe its the processer over heating.

Please any one share your thoughts on this. Any suggestions or tips recommendations etc etc lol

Nexus S its like a bad kid you just can't help but love :-)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If your phone is getting that hot, then I'd say you have a defective unit. I've never seen mine get over 34-35C... and that's playing Modern Combat: Sandstorm while charging.

Get a replacement... what you have is a hardware problem.

Welcome to the forum though! Glad to have another Nexus S owner here!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thank you, and same to u :-)

I've called samsung in hopes of replacing my phone but they said the only option I have is to send it in and let them repair it so said hell no!! I want a new one!!, i cant just send my phone away for weeks at a time just to fix a processor. So they told me to ask my carrier ans see if they can replace it from a warrenty or endurance or some crap but still no luck. And unfortunately the ssmsung warrenty does not cover my issue :-/

Sent from my Nexus S using Android.net App

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidNerdNexus View Post
    Thank you, and same to u :-)

I've called samsung in hopes of replacing my phone but they said the only option I have is to send it in and let them repair it so said hell no!! I want a new one!!, i cant just send my phone away for weeks at a time just to fix a processor. So they told me to ask my carrier ans see if they can replace it from a warrenty or endurance or some crap but still no luck. And unfortunately the ssmsung warrenty does not cover my issue :-/

Unfortunately that's what it takes... I had to do that several times with an iPhone 3G. I had to use an old Nokia E71 while my phone was getting fixed. BUT... both times they just sent me a new unit. Different IMEI, different case, and new chrome ring bezel... so at least I think it was a new unit. Plus, the turnaround time for every phone I've ever sent off (Apple or non-Apple) was under a week. I send it off on Monday and it gets back to me on Thursday or Friday.

If the issue is overheating, then the Samsung rep was lying to you. Overheating is a hardware materials defect, and the warranty clearly states that it covers that. I'd ask for a supervisor or someone who is interested in helping you, because it seems the person you spoke to just didn't care.

If you still don't have any luck with Samsung's Support, please post back with your results and I can get you a number of someone that CAN help you from a friend of mine that also happens to be a Samsung product engineer.

Awesome, ill try that next, I really think that the person I was talking to didn't giva S...also he didn't know I was calling a nexus s support line to talk about my nexus S...Agent: " what device are you calling about?" Me: "!!!???...my Nexus S..." lol. But yeah if this dosent go well ill definitely. Come back for that number.

Thanx you've been a big help :-)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidNerdNexus View Post
    Awesome, ill try that next, I really think that the person I was talking to didn't giva S...also he didn't know I was calling a nexus s support line to talk about my nexus S...Agent: " what device are you calling about?" Me: "!!!???...my Nexus S..." lol. But yeah if this dosent go well ill definitely. Come back for that number.

Thanx you've been a big help :-)

No problem...

Ignore, I see you replied to my post
    Last edited by Muzz Mackay; 02-10-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz Mackay View Post
    Ignore, I see you replied to my post

Yes I did :-), I had the same problem for a while, it was a real pain in the butt lol

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here.Iwant more info about the topic .

Hi everyone, My name is Kacee, and I am having similar problems with my Nexus. I put it in my pocket after a phone call one day and it got super hot. I pulled it out and rebooted it, and 2 weeks later it got hot again. It is also changing time zones all by itself. Went to bed last night and it was in PST and this morning, it was in EST. Too strange. Am going up to my carrier today to see what they say. Will watch here for more news. I am brand new here also, so HI to everone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links