My Nexus S is falling apart

This is a discussion on My Nexus S is falling apart within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I use an unrooted Google Nexus S running android 2.3.6. had no problems whatsoever with my phone before but since last week it seems my ...

Thread: My Nexus S is falling apart

Unhappy My Nexus S is falling apart

I use an unrooted Google Nexus S running android 2.3.6.
    had no problems whatsoever with my phone before but since last week it seems my Nexus is dying slowly,
    -first I had these multiple random reboots, by "random" I mean without even touching the phone, it reboots, after a minute, reboots again, this stops after 3 or 4 times.
    -since three days ago half of the right side of my screen doesn't respond to touch anymore, between the rightmost quarter and the center(above the browser icon on home screen) which includes parts of my keyboard.
    -yesterday my screen started responding again for about an hour then another part of the screen has stopped responding to touch since then, I think this might be a software related problem.
    -today,other small parts of the screen have stopped responding to touch which has made the Nexus quite useless, also my screen gets pretty hot as of today, I think my Nexus is falling apart

I have already uninstalled all the application installed recently. and checked all background apps. I have more than 400 apps already installed on the phone and some have important data stored in them, so a factory reset wouldn't be the best option.

if you have any suggestions or had a similar experience, Id be glad to hear it.
    Last edited by megadude; 12-09-2011 at 12:53 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What network are you using?

if you mean AT&T, T-Mobile & .... i gotta say none, I'm not from the US and I don't use 3g or 4g.

additional info: part of the screen which the phone doesn't respond to touch, changes frequently from left to right side of the screen since yesterday, the Nexus worked with no problems for about 6 hours today before part of the screen stopped responding to touch again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links