iPhone 4.0 revealed

This is a discussion on iPhone 4.0 revealed within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Steve Jobs had a developers conference today in San Francisco to reveal the new features of the 4.0 iPhone OS. Some of the new features ...

Thread: iPhone 4.0 revealed

iPhone 4.0 revealed

Steve Jobs had a developers conference today in San Francisco to reveal the new features of the 4.0 iPhone OS.

Some of the new features include:
    Multitasking: It's here, finally. It's handled with a simple task switcher: double click your home button, and you get a list of running apps. Select, switch, done. Multitasking is limited to seven features, including audio and VoIP backgrounding.

Custom Backgrounds: Now you can choose a persistent background for your iPhone‚€”not just for the homescreen.

New developer APIs: 5x digital zoom, sync IMAP notes, tap to focus video, places in Photos, home screen wallpaper (like iPad), iPod Out (wha?), Web search suggesetions, Bluetooth keyboards (!), file and delete mail search results, cell data only setting, larger fonts for mail, SMS and alerts, Choose image size in mail messages, wake on wireless, and a few more.

source: iPhone OS 4.0: The Best New Features - iPhone - Gizmodo

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Seriously Who Cares?:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

So the iPhone has moved into 2008.....nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    So the iPhone has moved into 2008.....nice.
    my thoughts exactly. it truly is a great apple marketing so people will keep updating. they make it seem like it's "breakthru". oooh...multi task, what a concept. what will say next..customizeable home screens? what a concept. flash? new feature? lol

Apple announced with its iPhone 4.0 OS that developers would have to stick with a few approved Apple dev tools and languages to make iPhone apps. Adobe which was planning on releasing a Flash to app feature in Flash CS5 is suspected of being the prime target of Apple's evermore closed system. Other third party development platforms and tools like Unity 3D have also been targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Steve Jobs had a developers conference today in San Francisco to reveal the new features of the 4.0 iPhone OS.

Some of the new features include:
    Multitasking: It's here, finally. It's handled with a simple task switcher: double click your home button, and you get a list of running apps. Select, switch, done. Multitasking is limited to seven features, including audio and VoIP backgrounding.

Custom Backgrounds: Now you can choose a persistent background for your iPhone‚€”not just for the homescreen.

New developer APIs: 5x digital zoom, sync IMAP notes, tap to focus video, places in Photos, home screen wallpaper (like iPad), iPod Out (wha?), Web search suggesetions, Bluetooth keyboards (!), file and delete mail search results, cell data only setting, larger fonts for mail, SMS and alerts, Choose image size in mail messages, wake on wireless, and a few more.

source: iPhone OS 4.0: The Best New Features - iPhone - Gizmodo
    Google may add this into the Nexus One. Also an option to QUIT a program.

:iphone:
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links