Just got an iPad

This is a discussion on Just got an iPad within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Originally Posted by ChiTmobileGuy Originally Posted by wormbaby Sorry, I would rather have a cheaper netbook. But shouldn't this be in off-topic anyway? You say ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got an iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTmobileGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wormbaby View Post
    Sorry, I would rather have a cheaper netbook. But shouldn't this be in off-topic anyway?

You say this...but have you EVER had a ipad in your hands...played with it for at least a couple hours....once you do...you will see why buying one a tethering it to a nexus one gives you the BEST combination in this world. You get the performance and reliability of the Nexus One tagged with the apps and fund of the ipad...Free wifi tethering makes this combination ohhh sooo perfect!! I am in totaly love and dont think I could of had a better combination of 2 devices! Bye Bye Dell Laptop, Hello Ipad with wifi connecting to my rooted Nexus....soooooo in love!!!!

PS...10 hour battery!!! OMFG they rocked it with this one!!! The only people that actually talk smack about this product are ones who have never used it
    Actually it EASY to say this without ever touching one.
    The iPad is an ENTERTAINMENT device. The iPad isn't replacing ANYTHING, it is ADDING a device to your family, and Im not saying that is a bad thing Im just saying.
    The only bashing I have is journalists and Apple claiming anything more. The thing is sweet for graphic novels, games, pictures (no camera is kinda wierd), and do internet stuff. But no USB, no CD/DVD access, no flash, no folders= no productivity. Hardly replacing anything.
    If Google ends up with one as an Android device I would be interested in the way I could share apps and have a similar but expanded experience from my phone, much like iPhone users on the iPad but I would be buying full well knowing its not replacing my laptop.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Can you provide me with a link to the APP that you would download in order to "tether" the N1 to the iPad or to a Laptop? From what I have been reading, the US Cell Phone Companies don't allow tethering and I cannot find any APPS in the Nexus Market Store.

I had an Ipad but I sold it on Ebay for Double the money LOL (Its funny because its still available in some stores, Ebay is filled with Hypebeast)

The thing is useless for me, Its like my daughters Ipod Touch but bigger. my Sony Laptop is what I'm sticking with, it does everything the Ipad can do but more, plus it caters to me better, I use my built in Web cam and I do alot of Video and Music editing and the Ipad is not capable of the degree of editing and producing I do, plus no Flash.

But in now way am I bashing the Ipad or Apple, I love the Mac Book I had, I just don't see the reason for this product to be in my possession.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.mccollum View Post
    Can you provide me with a link to the APP that you would download in order to "tether" the N1 to the iPad or to a Laptop? From what I have been reading, the US Cell Phone Companies don't allow tethering and I cannot find any APPS in the Nexus Market Store.
    If you are un-rooted your best bet is "PDANet" from the market that installs both on the device and the machine you want to tether with although I'm not sure about compatibility with the IPad OS or any Apple for that matter.

Rooting and installing Cyanogens newest miracle (ROM) will enable a stock USB internet sharing that should work just by enabling and plugging it into your IPad and for Wireless & Bluetooth tethering i would recommend "Wireless Tether for Root Users" but im not sure where i found that so i will have a look around for it
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.mccollum View Post
    Once you root your nexus and use cyanogen mod you will see the application in the same place all your others apps are. Works perfect

If you Google "cyanogen nexus one" for his website and you can get all the info you will need to do it

OMG, DID U?..WELL YOURE GUNNA LOVE THIS , A MUST SEE!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUrCKpcCDiA]YouTube - IPHONE 4G FOUND AGAIN!!!!![/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links