What Do You Guys Think Of Dell Streak?

This is a discussion on What Do You Guys Think Of Dell Streak? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; looks like a pretty bada** phone and its pretty big but it got rooted so im guessing they'll be a froyo rom coming out soon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Guys Think Of Dell Streak?

What Do You Guys Think Of Dell Streak?

looks like a pretty bada** phone and its pretty big but it got rooted so im guessing they'll be a froyo rom coming out soon

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

big phone, small tablet.

phone works on BT only if i recall. would rather wait for a 7-10" screen.

Also think Im waiting for Google to release a more 'tablet' version of Android to ensure a proper purchase. Gonna see this fall whats available.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    big phone, small tablet.

Also think Im waiting for Google to release a more 'tablet' version of Android to ensure a proper purchase. Gonna see this fall whats available.
    It makes calls like a traditional phone, however every review I have read claims it is awkward as hell to hold it like that. Personally, I don't think it has a very good niche in the market at all. Its going to be too big for a phone, and too small for a tablet. Just a personal opinion of course. Other than the big screen, the specs aren't anything different than whats on the market now.
    Jason
    Nexus One

I just find it funny the pendulum is swinging back to "big" when it comes to mobile phones. Ugh, I remember those bag phones too... As for Dell, I kinda like the Thunder better.

I haven't seen one in person. I would guess its like trying to talk on a archos. Kind of big but I'm a gadgets Guy so of course I want it.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Least its smaller than this bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by stratephaded View Post
    Least its smaller than this bad boy.
    Ha-ha, I remember my Uncle having one of those back in the day. I remember thinking that he was a bad-ass because he had such a cool phone.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Zack on Saved by the Bell had one too. Man he was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    big phone, small tablet.

It makes calls like a traditional phone, however every review I have read claims it is awkward as hell to hold it like that. Personally, I don't think it has a very good niche in the market at all. Its going to be too big for a phone, and too small for a tablet. Just a personal opinion of course. Other than the big screen, the specs aren't anything different than whats on the market now.
    I see. Then I must have read that Dell said that they expect calls to be used with BT, not that they have to. either way thats funny. I mean is adding an inch to my current screen really gonna be worth $500 to watch an occasional video? hmmm... I just don't understand, but I am definantly buying an android tablet this fall in the 7-10" segment, and I have seen some strong contenders and I have seen a taiwan manufacture making hardware ready to be branded with a new cover and your logo for sale so I KNOW somethign good is coming, cause Im not sure the NI Adam is going to launch first...
    my tablet will be:
    pixel qi
    good battery
    HD res with HDMI out
    USB
    support flash and run on Android
    wifi
    7-10" screen

thats it, and I know its coming in a few months!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Why, in this day and age of 2.2, does it only feature Android 1.6? I mean... you can root it and upgrade it yourself and all that, but if I were to go Bigger one day (or rather, if I am ever able to convince my husband that I need to, lol, might fake bad eye sight), I'd certainly wait for Google... but that's me.

I'm going to read the Engadget review now and maybe come to a different conclusion
    My sigs keep getting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links