Review: $159 APAD (eBay) and $199 Anchos 7 (Amazon)

This is a discussion on Review: $159 APAD (eBay) and $199 Anchos 7 (Amazon) within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I bought both of them. The $159 APAD from eBay is a POS. Screen is very dim. I cannot hear the speaker unless I held ...

Thread: Review: $159 APAD (eBay) and $199 Anchos 7 (Amazon)

Review: $159 APAD (eBay) and $199 Anchos 7 (Amazon)

I bought both of them.

The $159 APAD from eBay is a POS. Screen is very dim. I cannot hear the speaker unless I held it next to my ear. Processor is completely slow. Touch screen is non-responsive. Running Android 1.5 but I got all full Market and everything else 1.5 has to offer. My feeling is they just put together something really cheap that barely run the OS. But it is completely useless.

Conclusion: Don't buy it.

The $199 is a much better tablet. It's a lot brighter, sound is a lot louder. Processor is faster. However, they both use the resistive touch screen that is mostly useless. Running Android 1.5 but you don't get Market, Google Map, Gmail, and everything regular. Also, you can only use it in wide mode. Cannot rotate.

Conclusion: Don't buy it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Archos 7 I have is a killer....360gb HD, Internet Radio & TV....Great for traveling....

Is your running Android?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Is your running Android?
    You need to figure out how to root the Archos so can get gapps on there and upgrade the OS.
    There are some FAST roms out there even in Donut...

thanks for the update tho, i have money in hand awaiting the right tablet...

Android
    pixel qi
    HD + out
    sized right
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links