Best of Both Worlds?

This is a discussion on Best of Both Worlds? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I would love to see a high powered Nokia Smartphone running on Android. Nokia and Symbian has always been the perfect matchup, but IMO it ...

Thread: Best of Both Worlds?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

Best of Both Worlds?

I would love to see a high powered Nokia Smartphone running on Android. Nokia and Symbian has always been the perfect matchup, but IMO it would be NICE to reown another Nokia phone. But I just can't see myself leaving the Android platform. It's too nice.

I would love to see a partnership with Google and Nokia to put out a stocked Android. But that's just my wishful thinking.
    Androidfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post

That's cool if it's real. But I'm talking about a real product, real release, real support, etc.

If the Nokia n8 was built with Android, I'd be completely all over it. I may still get it regardless cause I miss Nokia.
    Androidfied.

Maybe they will come around as they continue to drop down the rankings. It would be a real win for Android and Nokia if they give up Symbian for Android... we will see.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

symbian is outdated crap nowadays

much of the code still harks back to the original EPOC operating system

well this answers our question...
    Nokia picks MeeGo over Symbian for iPhone rival | Deep Tech - CNET News

fail for Nokia, coulda been great!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Wow I'm not sure why Nokia is so bent on keeping up on trying to make their own OS just prove some kind of point. Nokia has always made some of the best structured phones hands down. E71 blew my mind when I had that phone before all this touch screen crap blew up. One of the best business oriented phone on the market.

And now the n8 as great of a phone will be outdated by the time it releases as there will now be around 3-4 phones with HDMI 720 recording and high pixel camera running on processors almost twice as fast as the n8 will be.

I have always been a Nokia fanboy. I compared everything to nokia phones. But it looks that their stubbornness will be their downfall.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links