Iphone 4 problems found...

This is a discussion on Iphone 4 problems found... within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; As the phone ends up in the hands of the consumers and tech reviewers, we'll be seeing more problems like this: Some iPhone 4 models ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 4 problems found...

Iphone 4 problems found...

As the phone ends up in the hands of the consumers and tech reviewers, we'll be seeing more problems like this:

Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget

Now I thought the antenna built around the phone was a great idea....guess I was wrong..LOL

Please don't bash me for starting another thread about the iphone :-D

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post
    As the phone ends up in the hands of the consumers and tech reviewers, we'll be seeing more problems like this:

Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget

Now I thought the antenna built around the phone was a great idea....guess I was wrong..LOL

Maybe Jobs feels that leftys should train themselves to be rightys; so all his sheep can salute him in unison.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Smh............

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Maybe Jobs feels that leftys should train themselves to be rightys; so all his sheep can salute him in unison.
    i refuse as my left hand is for writing drinking and smoking not for overpriced apples

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Why not follow the true Jobs fashion and just sue leftys?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Steve Jobs Responds To The Antenna Issue: Hold It Different Or Use A Case

His response. As if he didn't give a eff about what problems y'all are having

Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.
    Androidfied.

It's not just holding it left handed... it's holding it at all:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ixIHyEPO5g]YouTube - iPhone 4 Reception Issue with Holding the Phone[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Steve Jobs Responds To The Antenna Issue: Hold It Different Or Use A Case

His response. As if he didn't give a eff about what problems y'all are having

Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.
    Sorta like how Google wasn't all that quick and still hasn't responded to some Nexus issues?

Am I the only one who sees the irony here, when the N1 came out Apple fan boys were quick to bash it, because of screen and reception problems, now their new Jesus phone is less than perfect (and still behind the N1 in many ways), it has screen and reception problems, but they will defend it like you insulted theirs mothers.

Not to make enemies

Every phone has its problems. I, for one, am very impressed with at least the theoretical hardware behind this latest iPhone, and while I do not think the iPhone or Apple should have the success it has received (I have never owned one, nor desired to) I don't think we can bash or derive satisfaction from the thousands that either enjoy or are disappointed in their new device. I for one hope that some people decide they don't like apple and switch to android devices to improve the community and help level out the difference in users.

The problems with the iPhone serve as even more of a deterrent for my potential purchase of the device or any of its ancestors, and I think it is important that we discuss them, but also we must acknowledge no phone is perfect and the Nexus did indeed have its own problems (and still does).

So: In conclusion:
    It is unfortunate that the iPhone is having such issues, but maybe this will lead to benefit in that some may turn to android and benefit the community, or perhaps both Apple and HTC and others can learn even more about how to avoid such issues.

I do think it is alarming that these companies feel that they can adopt a "change YOUR behavior" policy. It is one thing to say "We can't do anything about it now, but we admit we messed up, here's our recommendations and we will try and fix it for the next edition" but I think "We didn't do anything wrong, you just need to change your behavior because our product doesn't allow for you to use it as you are accustomed" shows the company is a little too comfortable.

Competition is good. I hope these hardware issues bring about more competition in the mobile realm.

:nexusx:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links