Anyone got an iPad?

This is a discussion on Anyone got an iPad? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; So ive been waiting for Notion Ink's Adam to come out before i jump into the tablet market. But with their delay and all the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got an iPad?

Anyone got an iPad?

So ive been waiting for Notion Ink's Adam to come out before i jump into the tablet market. But with their delay and all the new apps being made for the iPad ive got to say im starting to think i might end up buying the damn thing. A lot of the android tablets are looking to be a little better than the iPad feature wise, but there are just SO many companies focused on making apps for the ipad that i fear android might never catch up. Every day im reading about new apps born for the apple market.

Anyway my biggest pet peeve with apples products has been that awful itunes, i got an ipod for my daughter about 2 years ago and was really surprised when i couldnt just drag and drop files like i could with my generic mp3 player.

it was so annoying to have to install itunes onto my computer just so she could load music onto her player. I've never understood why they made it that way, its just SO unnecessary.

i also know my friend uses itunes to transfer stuff to her iphone, im not sure if its necessary to do it this way or she just prefers to do it this way, i didnt ask.

SO what i wanna know is, will i be able to drag and drop files to an ipad like i can with my phone?! Surely apple cant be this popular and still be forcing people to use itunes
    Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    »»»»\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hop over to iPad Forum

Might get answers there quicker.....

HAD one, never been so happy and so disappointed in my life. I imported with the help of a few people and i was so looking forward to it, for all its pros it has double the cons imho, should have waited for a good android tablet and im pretty sure it still depends on itunes
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe┤s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Hello!

I too am waiting for the Notion Ink its a great overall package, but the wait has been a bit too long. I'm also starting to doubt and have decided that if by the end of the year (or before my next semester starts) it isn't realised I'll need to buy another android tablet.

So far the best Android tablet IMO is the archos 101. Some simple specs: froyo, 1ghz cpu, 256 mb ram (pretty much its only weakness), 10 inch screen. Battery life is similar to Ipad, but it is much cheaper (dont remember exactly, i think it was about 400USD?)

It doesn't come with android market, but there are many ways to sideload apps and get market access. This is probably one of the better android tablets around (there is also the galaxy tab...)

There are some very good points about the ipad and some pretty bad points too.
    * Its definitely well supported in both hardware and software with apps and accessories
    * great for travelling (light and long battery life)
    * intuitive for other ios users
    - No usb ports, sd card
    - is printing possible yet? (No i'm serious, not mocking it!)
    - No camera
    - no flash
    - isn't as customisable. I would love to see beautiful widgets on large screen!
    - (personally) I dislike itunes... but when i helped set up my friends phone, it was the only way to get files to and from the phone

It all comes down to whether you can wait. With news that gingerbread is around the corner, there will be a flood of better android tablets a month or two later.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

You don't need iTunes to work with music on an iPod. MediaMonkey is a great windows app that has no problems transferring music to and FROM the iPod. Also, there are many Linux apps that will do the same.

I don't know about the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    You don't need iTunes work with music on an iPod. MediaMonkey is a great windows app that has no problems transferring music and FROM the iPod. Also, there are many Linux apps that will do the same.

I don't know about the iPad.

HAD one, never been so happy and so disappointed in my life. I imported with the help of a few people and i was so looking forward to it, for all its pros it has double the cons imho, should have waited for a good android tablet and im pretty sure it still depends on itunes

Considering one... but the one that has my attention the most right now is the Asus Transformer. Just wish Android would hurry up and catch up to iOS features/stability in the tablet world.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Considering one... but the one that has my attention the most right now is the Asus Transformer. Just wish Android would hurry up and catch up to iOS features/stability in the tablet world.
    I have used nothing but Asus products for the past 5 years and these devices never fail on you. I would love to test one out as they get released.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmkalb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Considering system... but the one that has my attention the most right now is the Asus Transformer. Just wish Android would hurry up and catch up to iOS features/stability in the tablet world.
    I have used nothing but Asus products for the past 5 years and these devices never fail on you. I would love to test one out as they get released.
    I have the transformer now, and the dock, very happy with it so far.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Crap! Where'd you find the dock???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links